HACK!!!!

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
I relined this /F dtr last week. I asked for the proper and correct components for this and was told by the Dr. to use the impression copings. Also, when the impression was taken, they used the gasket under the copings. I was NOT happy about this, and expressed my displeasure and why. The outcome of this fiasco was that I was called into a meeting the following morning and let go. No explanation whatsoever. They asked if I had any questions, I did not and left as fast as I could.
locators.jpg

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
In addition, I forgot that this was a remake. The week before, the Dr. or his assistant picked these up chairside. They came into to lab to cut the copings down to resemble metal housings. I hate this for the patient.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
They used the impression copings intead of the proprr housings?
Yeah, doc, there be a reason, those things will break after awile on the stem of that little wine glass and you will have no retention. Except for the egg on your face, that'll be pretty well retained.

Let you go? Were you in-house?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wade, for however little it means, I am sorry to hear that.
You are not slop artist, and I hope you find someone to work with that sees your knowledge and skill as a benifit instead of a challenge of authority.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I relined this /F dtr last week. I asked for the proper and correct components for this and was told by the Dr. to use the impression copings. Also, when the impression was taken, they used the gasket under the copings. I was NOT happy about this, and expressed my displeasure and why. The outcome of this fiasco was that I was called into a meeting the following morning and let go. No explanation whatsoever. They asked if I had any questions, I did not and left as fast as I could.
You mean they used impression copings instead of metal housing for the final restoration?

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Yep. And fired me because of it. I think it's because they think that they are right and I am wrong.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Wade, for however little it means, I am sorry to hear that.
You are not slop artist, and I hope you find someone to work with that sees your knowledge and skill as a benifit instead of a challenge of authority.

Thank you. Interviewing in the morning.

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Your better off without this Dentist. Lucky you don't sue him for wrongful termination for disregarding FDA or manufacturing guidelines if you were his employee. The evidence is already established. He was wrong...period. Its not an opinion.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
The fda has nothing to do with Denture repairs

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
The fda has nothing to do with Denture repairs
The FDA does clear components for final restoration. You can not use velcro to create an implant denture, and you can not use plumbing solder to cast a custom abutment. You can not sell temporary crowns as final crowns or take weed trimmer line and 3D print a niteguard. You also can't sell impression copings made out of aluminum and sell them as the final component of an implant abutment.

Last edited:
Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
The FDA does clear components for final restoration. You can not use velcro to create an implant denture, and you can not use plumbing solder to cast a custom abutment. You can not sell temporary crowns as final crowns or take weed trimmer line and 3D print a niteguard. You also can't sell impression copings made out of aluminum and sell them as the final component of an implant abutment.
In principle you are correct.
In application the fda has nothing to do with denture repairs and a clinic is not a manufacturer not a marketer of those items.

Board of dentistry? Yes
Fda? No.

I don’t know enough about medical law and whistle blower status, and I don’t know where hipaa falls into all of it but a wrongful termination lawsuit based on whistleblower status for an employee Who knew that a patient was being affected by negligence like this might be a thing…

If that was where the individual terminated wanted to take a stand… But that’s a question for an attorney

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
In application the fda has nothing to do with denture repairs and a clinic is not a manufacturer not a marketer of those items.

Board of dentistry? Yes
Fda? No.

I don’t know enough about medical law and whistle blower status, and I don’t know where hipaa falls into all of it but a wrongful termination lawsuit based on whistleblower status for an employee Who knew that a patient was being affected by negligence like this might be a thing…

If that was where the individual terminated wanted to take a stand… But that’s a question for an attorney

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score

Board of dentistry? Yes
Fda? No.

Your probably right. Crap like this just pissed me off. How about termination for not participating in fraud? But the reality is its not worth it. Just discussion. If the guy ever called you back, tell him to beat it.

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Besides, wait till this genius finds out the nylons wont stay in the copings and fall out.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you. Interviewing in the morning.
I am sorry to hear about your ordeal! Things should be done right in the first place and, on top of it, doing it right takes about the same amount of time and effort as doing it wrong...

If you are close to the south eastern part of Virginia, in the USA that is, shoot me a PM...

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
I should have refused to use those copings. Then again, I was told by the clinician to use them. I'm then suddenly terminated without any warning and without cause or explanation??? This is a huge DSO and this Doc is a "partner" with this company. This could get interesting. Only because they prey on the unsuspecting trusting public like this, and it's not just this. It's untrained assistants doing ALL the clinical work. All the finals, bites, deliveries. It was a DA that took the impression both times on the case in the picture. The Dr. NEVER saw that pt. Any thoughts? Anybody familiar with the term "actionable"???

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Contact an attorney...the only “right” answer to these questions is what an attorney can do with them.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Wade, knowing your skill...I'm surprised you didn't tell him to go fk himself with his half@ss clinical skills. Just remember, when one door closes, many more open, keep us posted on where ya end up.

Last edited: