GOLD TEETH ON PARTIAL

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Anyone do this? Lower pd for #23, 24, 25, 26,, patient wants #23 and #26 gold. Can a denture tooth be invested and cast in gold? Will it burn out?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I would simply buy full-gold denture teeth from Masel or Starlight? Much simpler and then you can treat it as any other denture tooth (setup, invest etc.)

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
I would simply buy full-gold denture teeth from Masel or Starlight? Much simpler and then you can treat it as any other denture tooth (setup, invest etc.)

I wasn’t aware that masel or starlight made a lower anterior tooth.

B

Brandon Patrick

Reaction score
I've always heard that a denture tooth will burn out, but I've never seen it myself. If you want to cast I would use a gold alloy requiring a higher melt temp so you could burn out at a higher temp just to be safe. I was asked last week about doing a Valplast/gold tooth combo for #11. Should be fun

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
I have hollowed out and cast denture teeth many times. “Though it has been a while “
Cheap teeth burn out better.

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
1600 for an hour will burnout fine

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Seriously just order two small lateral from Starlight and invert them on bottom.

DavidW

DavidW

Reaction score
You can also take an impression of a denture tooth with lab putty and fill it up with wax

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone do this? Lower pd for #23, 24, 25, 26,, patient wants #23 and #26 gold. Can a denture tooth be invested and cast in gold? Will it burn out?
https://starlightmfginc.com/gold-denture-teeth/

They don't expressly made lower anteriors, but you just use uppers and swap sides. The L1 is what you'll need unless you're working on a huge mouth. The catch will be they are about 2x as long as you'll need, so you'll want to be extra careful cutting them so youdon't cut the lug. And use some metal primer on the lug and the rest of the tooth that will be covered with acrylic just to be safe.

Grab the Gold Teeth Care document from that DVD in the Printables section to give the patient.

Nice to see you!

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
https://starlightmfginc.com/gold-denture-teeth/

They don't expressly made lower anteriors, but you just use uppers and swap sides. The L1 is what you'll need unless you're working on a huge mouth. The catch will be they are about 2x as long as you'll need, so you'll want to be extra careful cutting them so youdon't cut the lug. And use some metal primer on the lug and the rest of the tooth that will be covered with acrylic just to be safe.

Grab the Gold Teeth Care document from that DVD in the Printables section to give the patient.

Nice to see you!
If the gold tooth needs to be shortened past the lug, cut the tooth to length then fill with cold cure acrylic and cure it in the pressure pot. After it's cured, cut in diatorics and use the metal primer.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
The longest starlight or masel is 11.5 mm, I need 13.5 mm length to match adjacent teeth. I actually did say no to this case, then I said 'lemme investigate.' Not a huge deal just was curious as to what other folks are doing. pt will just have to settle for a shorter gum line if he wants that bling. Thanks all