GC ZIRCONIA SHADING FOR EMAX

A

AL1

Reaction score
Is anyone using the press to zirconia shade kit from GC for emax crowns?
Not sure why but some labs out here in Seattle are.
If you are how are you using it? What temps are you using to fire. I have a p500 Ivoclar oven if that makes a difference.

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
I use GC's Luster kit to stain and glaze most everything. It works really well for emax. The consistency is thicker than most glazes. It also has excellent fluorescence.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
These are the temps I use for an Ivoclar P80
T= 810c
t= 45c per min.
S= 2 min
B= 480c
H= 1 min
V1= 0
V2= 0

For pressed to metal the high temp is 790c. Everything else is the same.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
just the ZR lustre paste kit right? the IQ press to metal lustre paste kit really doesnt work on emax, but i havent tried the ZR kit....

C

charles007

Reaction score
The latest GC Lustre Paste can be used for BOTH metal ceramics ,zir and emax...........

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have the gc lustre paste kit for zirconia, not the newer kit that you can use on everything
I was told you could use the older zirconia only kit on emax but I dont know the procedure?
If anyone has used that kit and has a technique I would appreciate the advice.

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
Al,
As far as I know, there has always been just one kit. If there were a kit for zirconia, it would be perfectly matched for emax....they have the same cte.
Exactly what problems are you having? You need to apply in two coats for zirconia and it's good to prepolish emax.
You may want to download the manual if you don't have it: http://www.gcamerica.com/lab/products/Lustre_Pastes/Lustre Paste NF_IFU_Master.pdf

A

AL1

Reaction score
I am not having any problems yet, because I havent tried it yet. I was told that you need to fire a coat of the neutral wash first then shade. Does anyone know about that?

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
Actually, you're supposed to place a coat of neutral and then color and then fire in one shot. My kit came with a note saying it is better to to two thin coats with zirconia. You'll need to experiment and develop your own style. The colored pastes glaze as well as the neutral, so I don't always place an initial neutral coat first. I may do my colors first and then coat with neutral if I want two bakes.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I hadnt heard that they had the lustre paste 'NF" new formula kit... I guess I will have to use all my old pastes before i buy the new one, but if it works on everything including emax, i will have to get it.. sounds awesome. to have one glaze tray for MC, PC, ZR, and emax..

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
Affinity,
I'm pretty sure the only difference is the packaging. they now come in small jars, which minimizes the problem with the paste drying out, which is the problem with the syringes.

C

charles007

Reaction score
This new kit in jars now, has a wider CTE range for both metal ceramics and Zirconia-emax.

N

normanmilquetoast

Reaction score
I didn't know that, Charles, thanks!