GC Initial Bleach Shades

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I've got the GC Initial Bleach shad kit, is it matched to a particular shade guide? I've compared the dentine tabs on the shade wheel in the kit with the Vita 3D bleach guide and it seems like a reasonable match. Any other suggestions?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
GC bleach shades are not an exact match with the Vita. 3D shades. Seems to me like the OM1 = BL3, OM2= BL2, and OM3=BL2....When I get back to the lab later today I'll double check.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Your right, OM1 matches BL3 well and OM2 and OM3 both match BL2. Most companies have a bleach guide that matches their porcelain, I cant find any info about GC making one. It will be a nuisance to have to start making custom shade tabs.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
When I bought the GC Bleach kit the shade guide was included I the kit. You could call your rep and inquire.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
When you say shade guide, are we talking shade tabs ie BL1 dentine, BL2 dentine shade tabs or the equivelant of a Vita classic guide but in bleach shades?

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Adam I guess they're the same :) The GC Bleach comes in 3 tabs, BL1, BL2, BL3 kinda like the Vita Bleach OM1, OM2, OM3.
Here you can see that OM 1 and OM 2 are a bit more yellow than BLD 3 and BLD2, looks the same to my eye in the lab.
Squint your eyes when you view, you'll definitely see the subtle shade difference better.
Hope this helps somewhat.

GC vs VITA Bleach_2.jpg

Last edited: