TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Inline has a pink opaque paste?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Al, I don't want to jinx ya but you heard it from me first...

The lack of metal support on the ling cusp and around the access holes on the occlusial table may come back to bite you in the ass. I know your trying to not show any metal but on FMR where there is zero give to the appliance the glass will fail easier than your used to. I know your going to be doing the upper next just a word of warning when you develop the occ contact up top near these access holes.

I like how you dust with margin porc SMART!

Thanks for sharing the progress

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I noticed you don't have lingual handles this time but realized you did a frame try in.That must have been tricky to dust the opaque and keep the abutments clean.

I always forget the handles on screw retained crowns.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Looking great so far Al. Cant wait to see the final result.

Clear Precision Dental

Clear Precision Dental

Reaction score
Said it before, sayin' again.... Al's THE MAN!

I, too, can't wait to see the final, however, I LOVE seeing all the steps (sprue channels, opaque dusting etc..). It drives me to become better! As always, THANKS AL !!!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I noticed you don't have lingual handles this time but realized you did a frame try in.That must have been tricky to dust the opaque and keep the abutments clean.

I always forget the handles on screw retained crowns.

Yes I forgot the "twitters" or bird penis's as Doug Jackson named them.
What a pain it made it to handle without any place to lock hemostats to.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al, I don't want to jinx ya but you heard it from me first...

The lack of metal support on the ling cusp and around the access holes on the occlusial table may come back to bite you in the ass. I know your trying to not show any metal but on FMR where there is zero give to the appliance the glass will fail easier than your used to. I know your going to be doing the upper next just a word of warning when you develop the occ contact up top near these access holes.

I like how you dust with margin porc SMART!

Thanks for sharing the progress

The one place that I dont like that has excess unsupported porc is the lingual of #21. But fortunately the linguals of lower first bicuspids are non functional.

Two things I would change, are bring up the facial wall only of the acess tube for #21 and bring up the acess tube for the molar to give a bit more support for the central fossa, all the cusps on the molar have good support.

BUT after the try in the Dr took a new bite and remounted the case. The entire right side was opened up 1.5 mm and the left side was closed, so throw all the support out the window.

Fortunately the patient is a petite 76 yo man and the uppers should be finished within 6 months.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok here is the first enamel bake.

Incisal 1, OE4, Cervical Trans Orange, and a mix of, OE1 50% Tran Blue 25% Neutral 25% to add some trans effects on the incisal edges of the 6 anteriors.

Nothing special, not to pretty at this point.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_044_1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_045.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_044_1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_045.jpg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Yes I forgot the "twitters" or bird penis's as Doug Jackson named them.
What a pain it made it to handle without any place to lock hemostats to.

Hey Al. try using those diamond tipped, thumb screw forceps. They usually come football tipped, get a couple and change out the tips on one of the forceps with a couple of tapered diamonds. (ask your local account for a couple) Nice for fitting into tight spaces
DSC04494.JPG

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Hey Al. try using those diamond tipped, thumb screw forceps. They usually come football tipped, get a couple and change out the tips on one of the forceps with a couple of tapered diamonds. (ask your local account for a couple) Nice for fitting into tight spaces

Thumb screws? Does that lock them open?

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
This is the 2nd enamel bake and final seperate bake for the teeth forms.

Tissue porc next.

Incisal 1, OE4, and Cervical Trans Orange

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_046.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_047.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_048.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_046.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_047.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_048.jpg

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
This is the 2nd enamel bake and final seperate bake for the teeth forms.

Tissue porc next.

Just out of curiosity Al, if the bridge is retrievable, why not process the tissue in resin? It would save the whole assembly from being subjected to any more firings, probably look better, and would be easy to modify in the event there is any tissue remodeling.

Sorry if this question was already asked.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I like GC gradia for this but the retrievability and the ability to repair a defect in the glass down the road sure makes stripping the resin a chore.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity Al, if the bridge is retrievable, why not process the tissue in resin? It would save the whole assembly from being subjected to any more firings, probably look better, and would be easy to modify in the event there is any tissue remodeling.

Sorry if this question was already asked.

Why ? Because I dont know how.

I dont have much acrylic but I think this is something I need to learn.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I like GC gradia for this but the retrievability and the ability to repair a defect in the glass down the road sure makes stripping the resin a chore.

Ok I see, to repair any porc you need to strip the resin repair then add the resin.

One thing intresting I talked to this Dr today and asked him how often he plans remove it.

He said he wont remove it unless he has to because studies are showing that tissue attaches to the abuttments.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why ? Because I dont know how.

I dont have much acrylic but I think this is something I need to learn.

It's not acrylic it's resin.....I'll teach you in Florida, it's simple and then you'll be like 'Dude.....you saved me hours of ceramic time'....lol or however you hillbilly's talk :p

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ceramic is more hygenic than resin

Top Bottom