Fliexible clasps for partial dentures

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I am having problems lately with my acrylic clasps i do for dentures , they come to me either broken either need to be filled from inside with acryl again to tighten the clasp on the tooth , many people complain about the metal clasps i put to them because they are visible , my question is about the HotShotElite from Mayerson , 2 years i am getting offers from my supplier to buy it and i didnot because of low requests on flippers and partial dentures , but now i am having more flippers per week and more partial dentures so i feel that i need to do something about these clasps , i need them flixible so i dont need to repair them all the time or add acryl to tighten them all the time .
Who can give me some pros and cons on the HotShotElite and how much supposed to be worth , i know my supplier here is giving me a bit of high price on a simple heating gun ( 2100$ ) before tax or maybe its not so simple i dunno , maybe it is so high priced because of its quality ? what i should do guys , go buy and give it a shot because its really a good product for partials ?

Last edited:
kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
My chrome lab uses one to fabricate acetal clasps on frames. I like them when I have to use them. I can't speak on the price; do you have options on suppliers? You might be able to do better by scouting around.

FWIW, Zahn had those on sale a year ago July for 2059. Your dealer sounds about right.

Last edited:
Edy

Edy

Reaction score
I think only one supplier , but the price bothers me a bit , on how you say this gun is more suitable for bigger labs with lot of clasps per day and not like me a few per week , but still it will be a lot of help for me if i could do elastic clasps .

S

sd2thlab

Reaction score
Try itsoclear clear clasps from Lincoln dental (Lincoln Dental). A package of 6 for under $50.00 US and a digitally controled electric hot air welder for less than $60.00 US.
They are thinner than the acetal clasps, easy to adjust, flexible & clear. No other equipment to buy. I can send you pictures of some cases to see if it is what you are looking for.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I think only one supplier , but the price bothers me a bit , on how you say this gun is more suitable for bigger labs with lot of clasps per day and not like me a few per week , but still it will be a lot of help for me if i could do elastic clasps .

I thought the same way so I bought the flexpress thinking I could do the flexible partials and clasps. It works great but I have to flask boil out and inject the clasps it's very time consuming. For clasps the gun is so much more efficient. I will be buying it this year.

K

Kris S.

Reaction score
Just keep in mind the itssoclear clasps are a nylon. Nylons absorb liquid and with liquid comes stains and smells. Clear will really show those stains. All of myersons plastics are crystaline and they don't take on liquids.

S

sd2thlab

Reaction score
The Myerson clasps are Duracetal and can break. I have a dentist whose patient broke an upper partial made using the white Myerson duracetal & he fractured the major connector (claims it fell off the dresser, which might be true but I suspect he probably stepped on it too) They can collect surface stains like anything else. Regular denture acrylic absorbs liquids & can smell. I'm not sure if this is a 6/6 or 6/12 nylon or what fillers are used like in Valplast,TCS, Flexstar, Locator or ERA attachments etc.. Patient hygene is one of the keys to success with most removables.

Last edited: