Flat Wire wrap around...wires video

L

labdude

Reaction score
These things are soldered at the loops. They are tucked in at the 6s. Watch closely, you'll see it. Tediuos trying to stay in front of the darn camera.
Ron, it doesn't take 5 minutes, more like 10. I allow for 10 minutes to bend the wires for a wrap around, upper or lower. Usually more than it takes, so I come out a little ahead.
These videos came close, except for the lower. It was a tough one. You never can tell till you are working on them. Still, I bet I could have done it in under 10 without being watched!!
Mike.
[YOUTUBE]4_VBziqIZhM[/YOUTUBE]
edit: I don't know what the mirror effect is all about.

Last edited:
rs promotions

rs promotions

Reaction score
I have watched it a few times and I was suprised that you do so much with the 3 prong pliers. I have been tring to do it mostly with bird peak pliers. I'll try it your way. When you do a full wrap with a solid wire all the way around,do you start at the front and do one side then the other side, or do you start at the back and go all the way around? Thanks for doing the video.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Easier on your fingers to make the 3 prong do the bend. However, with practice, you will learn to use the 3 prong without leaving marks on the wire.
Tip of the 3 prong...use for tight bends,very slight use. I don't so much just "squeeze" the wire, I push it with my left hand as well. There is quite a bit to "see" in that video. Some very suttle stuff. Middle to back of jaw...use for a wider less sharp bend. Takes practice...then you'll be fine.
With that being said, I have seen people use all pliers in various combinations. I need to make a L.L.A. of .036 to show another plier and its use.
SOON!!! SEE IT HERE ONLY AT THIS SITE!!
The INCREDIBLE .036 TOTAL WRAP AROUND ARCH!!!!
Mike.