Fixing Imperfections

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Instead of soaking in monomer try painting the old acrylic with palabond, I've never had a finish line using it.
I have a bottle of palabond, don't know how the chemistry works. Is it designed to work better with the hereaus acrylic? Does the chemistry work with ivoclar? I just have fewer questions.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have a bottle of palabond, don't know how the chemistry works. Is it designed to work better with the hereaus acrylic? Does the chemistry work with ivoclar? I just have fewer questions.
It will work just fine with any 'normal' cold or heat cure hard PMMA. It's like a primer. Just do the double paint on with a no-metal brush and process the acrylic against it within the next 10 minutes or it's no use.
Uncertain about it's results with a softliner or hydrocast type material, never tried it to find out, but not betting it would help much at all.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
It will work just fine with any 'normal' cold or heat cure hard PMMA. It's like a primer. Just do the double paint on with a no-metal brush and process the acrylic against it within the next 10 minutes or it's no use.
Uncertain about it's results with a softliner or hydrocast type material, never tried it to find out, but not betting it would help much at all.
It does fine with just one coat. I think they tell you to use 2 so you'll use it up sooner. I use it on Ivocap and compression packed relines as well as every tooth that we inject, pack, and repair.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It does fine with just one coat. I think they tell you to use 2 so you'll use it up sooner. I use it on Ivocap and compression packed relines as well as every tooth that we inject, pack, and repair.
Just like shampoo, detergent and fabric softner... Thanks!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
It looked good on the way out but as it aged it didn't look so good. So I fixed it.
I don't consider that a change.
I thought you meant more along the lines of resetting, moving WW clasps, that stuff.

Yeah, I'd fix that. Actually, that doesn't get past our QC. Much as I hate to admit it, having someone else pick over your stuff all day can really help expand your horizons

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Biggest issue I see with lines is failing to roughen the base beyond the work site.
That's the most reliable way to get a seemless blend after its pumiced out.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
It was more or less an ethics question. I wouldn't make any major changes.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
Palabond seems to help when using Permasoft as a chairside. Nothing seems to either help or hinder that demon spawn Hydrocast; it's a shame it works so well considering how much of a pain in the ass it is to work with.