First Dekema Press

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So I had to press some sample HT BL1's... Samples = Perfect ring to test the first press in the Dekema 654...

9918549023_1a0ea8f16f_b.jpg

Press using Manufacturers Recommended Settings....

And still, things are pressed a little cool...

9918406716_9b292c690b_b.jpg

Notice the BL1 markings, grrrr.

Still pressed just fine though...

Should I go for a high temp of 912 next time?

Thanks...

M

martintay

Reaction score
So I had to press some sample HT BL1's... Samples = Perfect ring to test the first press in the Dekema 654...

9918549023_1a0ea8f16f_b.jpg

Press using Manufacturers Recommended Settings....

And still, things are pressed a little cool...

9918406716_9b292c690b_b.jpg

Notice the BL1 markings, grrrr.

Still pressed just fine though...

Should I go for a high temp of 912 next time?

Thanks...
Marcus have you got a photo of the pressings ? Was there a reaction layer ? Burn-out furnace is critical as they are notoriously inaccurate . Though 710 seems low ( but iv`e never used a Dekema to press )

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
My understanding is (and please correct me if I am wrong....) but it is the reaction layer creation is depends on temperatures (both burn out and pressing) so, as long as your pressing comes out properly, I would not adjust your hight temp......I would keep it as low as possible.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I thing you should increase temp from 910c to 915c to see some difference. How long is pressing time?, I know it is automatic in your furnace. As Martintay said, lets see the reaction layer!.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Well I only pressed a single unit, it came out very nice as far as a reaction layer. My only worry is the markings on the ingot not burning out. What If I press 4 units and its still a bit cool, I may have a mispress... Or am I wrong?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
My understanding is (and please correct me if I am wrong....) but it is the reaction layer creation is depends on temperatures (both burn out and pressing) so, as long as your pressing comes out properly, I would not adjust your hight temp......I would keep it as low as possible.
Yes the reaction layer as you stated depends on high temp and pressing time. Also keep in mind is the investment adjacent to pressed items and of migration between the two materials cause the reaction layer. That is why debubblizing liquid should not be used, because it weakens the investment immediate to pressed items.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Well I only pressed a single unit, it came out very nice as far as a reaction layer. My only worry is the markings on the ingot not burning out. What If I press 4 units and its still a bit cool, I may have a mispress... Or am I wrong?
Just sand blast the marking lightly to eliminate if you need to!, i think you need to tweak with it to adjust to proper temp, it is new!.

Last edited:
Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I like the 220.0 N press force your furnace has, it sounds the same torque some dentists use to tighten implant screws. ;)

GAP

GAP

Reaction score

I see the markings on a lot of the ingots I press (ep5000). I think you'll be ok.

ZsoltM

ZsoltM

Reaction score
That's the thing......I see markings all the time! (With a disposable plungers)
I would not making adjustments based on that!
Of course, if you would have a few miss-pressed rings.....that is a different story.
But than again, it could be a need adjustment/calibration of your burn-out furnace as well.....
Don't forget, Dekema and other European companies, test their products pretty well before boxing it up for sale.....they work pretty well without those adjustments you get used to.

@Tayebdental...... sure, I agree with you....but I was not talking about reaction layer as a general issue, but based on a high temp issue. (I assume that everyone will follow technique properly)
My comment was simply about the fact that press quality gets to be the best when you press it on the lowest possible temperature.

M

martintay

Reaction score
Yes don`t take notice of the "Ingot marking" I`m sure your aware Marcus - but if not, always blast the marking off on the "pushing" ingot otherwise it ends up in the pressing . It doesn`t burn-out !!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Im not used to seeing markings. Im not worried about them getting pressed into a crown. Im wondering if things are a bit too cool.
As in,,,,
Sure a whole ingot pressed a single veneer this time. But maybe I'll have trouble next time when there are 4 veneers in a 100g ring pressed with the same program. I am used to the markings burning out and the area where the atox meets the ingot to be more brittle...

DarrenS

DarrenS

Reaction score
We've switched to 913C for a final temp in the ep5000. Also we have reduced the hold time to 20min. Seems to be working well for us at the time.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
We've switched to 913C for a final temp in the ep5000. Also we have reduced the hold time to 20min. Seems to be working well for us at the time.
I think Ivoclar recommends 15 minutes hold time for 100gm ring and 25 minutes for 200gm ring.

Top Bottom