Zirconia Overbaking in Sintering Furnace. HELP!

J

jko003

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently moved my lab to another location and my sintering furnace has been acting up. All the margins on my crowns are being overbaked which make the margins come out white. I have using calibration rings to figure out true temps. The first calibration ring told me my temp is over 18 degrees C tooo hot. So I adjusted accordingly. Put some crowns in overnight and still white margins but not as bad. I decided to bake another calibration ring and this time it measured 9 degrees too hot. I adjusted accordingly and this time the crowns in overnight and they came out perfect the way it was before I moved. I thought everything was fixed and back to normal so I ran crowns through the 3rd night but the over baking issue came back. It wasn't bad as the first and second time but still noticeable. Luckily the crowns are still useable. I was wondering if anyone has had this kind of issue before. I ordered more rings to try to calibrate again but I am hoping I could get some more insight and solutions.

Furnace: Mihm Vogt Ht-S Speed
Zirconia: Origin Beyond Plus

doug

doug

Reaction score
My first call would be to Paul Cascone at Argen . He's the "God Father" of zirconia.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
recently I raised a topic here, about problems.
maybe your problem is similar to mine. this concerned an unstable voltage in the electrical network.
this can affect firing.
Last pages

J

jko003

Reaction score
recently I raised a topic here, about problems.
maybe your problem is similar to mine. this concerned an unstable voltage in the electrical network.
this can affect firing.
Last pages
How did you fix this problem? I did wonder if something is wrong with the electrical so I did test the outlets and connectivity. Everything seems fine a consistent but I am also not an electrician. How did you fix this issue?

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
How did you fix this problem? I did wonder if something is wrong with the electrical so I did test the outlets and connectivity. Everything seems fine a consistent but I am also not an electrician. How did you fix this issue?
in my case, there was a network failure on the part of the provider. an electrician checked the electrical sockets, and I set the furnance to the point where the voltage was most stable.
the electricity supplier fixes the problems, I have plugged the sintering furnace into the most stable electric socket.