File Sharing Dropbox for .stl files

T

TMorsePhillips

Reaction score
We need to set up a dropbox for our clients to drop their .stl files to us. Does anyone have recommendations? Interested to see what everyone is using? thanks!!!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Dropbox, but your limited to a certain size without upgrading.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
There is no hipaa compliance police enforcing this yet, but sending patient info over the net in a non secured/encrypted on both ends is a violation of hippa.

vurban210

vurban210

Reaction score
There is no hipaa compliance police enforcing this yet, but sending patient info over the net in a non secured/encrypted on both ends is a violation of hippa.

You must have been reading my mind, as I was going to ask that question. Thanks for the info.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How about this one then? https://www.sendinc.com/
I think there is a standard for level of encryption, so I would research it.
Email hosts usually have a limit to file size that can be sent. Some of the files we send and receive for implant planning etc.,
can easily exceed 500MB+ in zipped format. An implant library for my planning software is 5GB compressed for example.
I know there are some encrypted FTP services available. You definitely want to find a service that allows you to keep all of the files
together rather than sending a string of emails and trying to keep track of what goes with which patient case.

Top Bottom