Export to STL in Cerec inLab 4.0 or 4.2?

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
So I can't find the exact post in a quick search but I had thought I saw somewhere in the forums here was a screenshot of someone with inLab 4.0 or 4.2 that was able to export in .stl file format. I visited a dentist with 4.0 software recently that was able to export but only into .dxd format

A few questions:
1. Which particular inLab software is able to export into .stl format?

2. What does it cost?

3. Can anyone running the software take a .dxd file and convert it as a test so I can see how it would look in my 3shape after its in .stl format

thanks

J

jamhirschi

Reaction score
Just got off the phone earlier today with a Sirona rep. He told me with inLab 4.2 it is not compatible with 3Shape in the US. Nor would he sell me the software alone.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Open Export module is what you need to purchase from Serona. That allows you to export a designed crown in STL format and then you can send it to any milling center or mill it on any milling machine. You need to have the newest version of inlab as well. Annual cost of $2,500.00. DXD can not be imported into 3shape, maybe once the file has been converted then you might be able to import it into 3shape.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Open Export module is what you need to purchase from Serona. That allows you to export a designed crown in STL format and then you can send it to any milling center or mill it on any milling machine. You need to have the newest version of inlab as well. Annual cost of $2,500.00. DXD can not be imported into 3shape, maybe once the file has been converted then you might be able to import it into 3shape.

With the open export module can I export the scans into STL format, not just a designed coping? I would much rather design a coping on 3shape

T

Tooth Geek

Reaction score
If you've scanned the model using inlab 4.0/4.2 you can already export the model data in .stl without purchasing the add-on module. You cannot however export dentists cerec 4.0/4.2 scans from the omnicam via cerec connect in .stl. In saying that I did receive a stl model data taken from the new cerec appollo scanner....go figure

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
I'm working with a dentist using an omnicam on 4.0 and he can send the scan via connect or dropbox...problem is I am using 3.8 and need to upgrade trying to figure out what software I'll need. He's also thinking of upgrading to 4.2 but hasn't yet.
2 Questions I'm curious to know about if you have any experience with when a doctor sends a scan:

Does 4.2 inLab import all cerec files?(.cdt and .dxd files)

Can you import the scan and then export into .cdt with inLab 4.0?(then use Dental Shaper to convert to STL)