Experience Diamond 'D' v Lucitone

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
In my opinion, pour=poor.
If you need a case fast you can microwave it using either Diamond D 20 minute or heat cure monomer. Using the 20 minute, you microwave for 4 minutes, with the heat cure it takes 9 minutes total at different power levels. Bench cool for 20 minutes and cold water for 5 minutes. So in no more than a half hour you have compression packed appliance.
100% agree, but not everything is a cook. Sometimes you need a hands on application. And with new generation of pours, you have a universal high impact acrylic to use as you need to. No longer need shrink and stink.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
If you need a case fast you can microwave it using either Diamond D 20 minute or heat cure monomer. Using the 20 minute, you microwave for 4 minutes, with the heat cure it takes 9 minutes total at different power levels. Bench cool for 20 minutes and cold water for 5 minutes. So in no more than a half hour you have compression packed appliance.
The difference is the stone setting time.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Let’s not forget about all the time hunched over a bench investing with plaster (especially multi tooth partials) and then all the time divesting. I get it. I love diamond d. Beautiful color. Hard as a rock. But.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What do you invest pour acrylic in? Isn't it hydrocolloid? My hydrocolloid takes like 30-45 minutes to cool properly. Also how would you hold the wires for the multi tooth flipper?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
What do you invest pour acrylic in? Isn't it hydrocolloid? My hydrocolloid takes like 30-45 minutes to cool properly. Also how would you hold the wires for the multi tooth flipper?
Some people use putty instead of using a pour flask.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Yes to the colloid. 30 secs to invest, 30 mins to cool. On the wires, I super glue them to the model.

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
5 yrs pooring. Still going strong. Not one complaint about monomer. Maybe one tooth pop out per yr. Once I get a doc that cares and wants to pay, I’ll inject.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Yes to the colloid. 30 secs to invest, 30 mins to cool. On the wires, I super glue them to the model.
Second the super glue. From time to time they break off because the investment had an undercut. Doing it so long I can have a handful of broken plaster and stone with wire clasp come off and still put it together. Kind of like solving a puzzle with missing pieces.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Putty and super glue are your best friends.

Last edited:
G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
5 yrs pooring. Still going strong. Not one complaint about monomer. Maybe one tooth pop out per yr. Once I get a doc that cares and wants to pay, I’ll inject.
What acrylic you use?… Ive been using nature cryl and probase for a long time.. Ive been trying the one from Udler for partials also.. but I prefer probase

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
What acrylic you use?… Ive been using nature cryl and probase for a long time.. Ive been trying the one from Udler for partials also.. but I prefer probase
Excel pour. Not the high impact. The regular.