Experience Diamond 'D' v Lucitone

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Stonger than Diamond D and Lucitone 199

Promolux High Impact from Merz Dental (Germany of course)
The stats on their websie show impressive results - click on graphs for clearer views.
:)

MERZ DENTAL

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I wonder who did the impact testing. Results look very close! At least they got the Lucitone results right...LOL

I know Keystone had 3rd party, blind, independant testing done..wonder if Merz did the same.

Diamond D...made in the USA..

cdr50

cdr50

Reaction score
Are they in the ADA Professional Product Review for Denture Base Polymers, Winter Edition 2009? I don't remember seeing them.

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
You can order Diamond D Acrylic from me as well since I was the one to write the instructions and spent 2 and a half years in the Keystone Research Lab developing the Diamond D, I would hope it still counts for something.

Consider this a shameless appeal if you will. At this point I need all the help I can get.

If you ever have any questions about Diamond D You can ask me as well. It may seem dumb, but even after all thats happened I still consider it my legacy

Carl
888 988-4150
Uhler Dental Main Office Number 800 937-3753
While you at it ask me about our newest premium tooth line-Finally a EU Quality Tooth at an Affordable Price: Uhler Dental Supply Proudly Introduces ODIPAL - A Premium Acrylic Tooth Line by Unidesa-Odi in Madrid Spain
hey Carl,
How does Uhler Granite acrylic compare to Diamond D and Lucitone?

D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
You can order Diamond D Acrylic from me as well since I was the one to write the instructions and spent 2 and a half years in the Keystone Research Lab developing the Diamond D, I would hope it still counts for something.

Consider this a shameless appeal if you will. At this point I need all the help I can get.

If you ever have any questions about Diamond D You can ask me as well. It may seem dumb, but even after all thats happened I still consider it my legacy

Carl
888 988-4150
Uhler Dental Main Office Number 800 937-3753
While you at it ask me about our newest premium tooth line-Finally a EU Quality Tooth at an Affordable Price: Uhler Dental Supply Proudly Introduces ODIPAL - A Premium Acrylic Tooth Line by Unidesa-Odi in Madrid Spain
Should I attempt to inject dd in my palajet? Been meaning to try this for awhile.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Should I attempt to inject dd in my palajet? Been meaning to try this for awhile.
I don't remember if palajet is a fluid machine or dough machine.

If dough injector, I don't know why you couldn't.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
In the instructions it says to put the acrylic in in a liquid stage and let it sit for 15 minutes and then inject. I don't know if you could just mix the DD, put it in, let it set and then follow the instructions. You could try it on a dummy case to find out. Let us know the results please.
Ok.. yeah Palajet injector was designed for their pour acrylics (PalaPress Vario and PalaXpress). It does mention Paladon (heat cure dough) though, but being air powered, its questionable.
I will say DD dough is much softer than Lucitone at packing.

Last edited:
D

Denture Dude

Reaction score
Ohhh alright. I’ll do some r&d.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
20 minute fast heat cure liquid? Tell me more. Does it set up about the same before packing? What temp do you set the water to?

I made the switch to Diamond D from Lucitone a month or two ago, its a great acrylic.
How about 3min in the microwave? GC check them out I have been using them for 23 years.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
How about 3min in the microwave? GC check them out I have been using them for 23 years.
You can also microwave Diamond D, it just takes a minute longer than GC.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
never used the palajet, but for years we were injecting diamond d with no issues. we have since switched but not because we didnt like the diamond d

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I hope Keystone will come out with a Diamond D pour.
They've been working on it for years now. The shade matching between the pour and 'normal' heat cure is the bugbear they've been working.

Last year they were 'close"

Their current pourable, Millenium, is a first generation pourable. They know it's not up to competing with modern formulas

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Why do people like pour dentures? Isn't the residual monomer high and the density poor?
Density nothing like compression. Residual more than heat but manageable. However new generation pour acrylics (Lucitone HIPA, Probase, PalaXpress, St.George HI) are Lucitone strong, more color stable than heat, and are a very versatile products, in the right hands. Like VPS putty, good for the toolbox.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
In my opinion, pour=poor.
If you need a case fast you can microwave it using either Diamond D 20 minute or heat cure monomer. Using the 20 minute, you microwave for 4 minutes, with the heat cure it takes 9 minutes total at different power levels. Bench cool for 20 minutes and cold water for 5 minutes. So in no more than a half hour you have compression packed appliance.