Error code 107 on EP5000

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Hi There, i was wondering if anyone knows why my oven keeps on giving me an error code 107 (Time and date invalid) everytime i start the oven in the morning . I correct the time ,date etc but it still gives me this code the next time i put the oven on . I was thinking it might be an internal battery problem if it even has one?
Thanks in advance

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
You turn your oven off every day? I only do if we leave for vacation or an extended weekend. You should put the oven to sleep instead of turning it off. When it cools to room temperature and heated back up again, everyday, your decreasing the life of some of the parts. If you cant put your oven to sleep, create a program with a low temp of 200c and put it on that program when you leave for the night. The oven will stay in standby mode at this low temp... Or if you have a power saving key, the one below the button that looks like a house. Press that...

Last edited:
M

mcfly

Reaction score
Hi Marcus , I don't have a power saving button under the house button, would i not use a lot of electricity by putting it in standby mode as you stated having in run at 200c all night ?Thanks

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hi Marcus , I don't have a power saving button under the house button, would i not use a lot of electricity by putting it in standby mode as you stated having in run at 200c all night ?Thanks
I dont have the Power save button either, but some ep5k have it. I just run a program with a low start temp. Yes it will use electricity. But if the oven stays closed, you wont be hurting your carbon footprint in any noticable way. You got a GREAT!!! oven, take care of it. One thing you can do is dont let it cool to room temp over night everynight.

M

mcfly

Reaction score
Thanks Marcus will do ,thanks for the advice !