Employee HIPAA contract

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am looking to bring in some new employees. I recently had to sign a form with one of my accounts that I would not discuss patients outside the business etc. I have always wondered about that. I would like to have something internally that each employee would have to sign regarding patient privacy etc. anybody have this implemented already? Mind sharing your form? Would that give me any legal rights as far as terminating and employee for breaking this contract?

Thanks!
Jason

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Don't tell that whacky employees anything you wouldn't make public.....like any patient names I guess.

That takes care of that.

Just have trusted person, or even the damn Doc make up a number or some other system for tracking case right from the beginning?

Why do we as labs even need to know the patients name to begin with? I don't really care what the persons name is to tell ya the truth. LOL

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Me neither,but that's how they send it. When they call about patient so and so, I need some super quick way to reference that case, and so far names are it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have one account that wont provide patient last name; just the initial.

Was also told by the trainer during 3Shape intro...dont ever include patients name on the form.

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score

Was also told by the trainer during 3Shape intro...dont ever include patients name on the form.

We track by work ticket/invoice number and the patient's last name is all of thye name that gets to our production staff. Prescriptions never leave the bill-in area. All information needed to produce the case is on a typed work order.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
We track by work ticket/invoice number and the patient's last name is all of thye name that gets to our production staff. Prescriptions never leave the bill-in area. All information needed to produce the case is on a typed work order.

Never thought about last names only;) perfect!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When taking a shade , I find that patients prefer to be addressed by their name rather than their pan #.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
When taking a shade , I find that patients prefer to be addressed by their name rather than their pan #.

When I take shades, I close my eyes so I won't know who they are.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Just tell the Dr's to put down fake names, or use celebrity names. Some of the cases we get I think the Dr already does this. We've had some fairly prominent celebs get crowns from us haha. Ex presidents, athletes, and movie stars;-)

V

VictoryDental

Reaction score

The State of Florida tells you the type of information to include on the prescription forms which includes the patients name. If you have your own custom printed prescription books as we do you can include additional information if needed BUT you must include the information which Florida requires.

I found this HIPAA Confidentiality Agreement maybe you can modify it for your purpose.

I have changed this form from a PDF file to a "word document" and will gladly email it to anyone who needs it.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
When we opened up our website www.PrecisionSurgicalGuides.com we had to pay a premium for a HIPAA compliant FTP site and server for record storage. Most labs don't have access to the kind of data that is used for identity theft, or that could breach confidentiality, but my lab does, and that's not a cheap case to settle. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
When we opened up our website www.PrecisionSurgicalGuides.com we had to pay a premium for a HIPAA compliant FTP site and server for record storage. Most labs don't have access to the kind of data that is used for identity theft, or that could breach confidentiality, but my lab does, and that's not a cheap case to settle. Better sage than sorry.

Will you stop operating like a manufacture of custom medical devices.....you, you, business operator you. Your killing the art and voodoo science that is the heart of the lab industry. LOL!