Emax ring splitting

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
I am using a zubler vario press 300 and I am splitting rings 200 gram dont know why
temp is right using ivoclar speed investment 30 min bench set 60 min burn out factory pressure settings are set 3bar low 4.5 bar high using alox plungers (new) any help?
would be appreciated

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Look at a couple things here. Are the units placed to close to the out edge of the ring? Especially anteriors can act like a wedge when the material is pressed in. Our main problem we had was we did not let the rings bench set for about 5 minutes after we pulled them from the ring and let the excess moisture escape before they went into the oven.

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
Look at a couple things here. Are the units placed to close to the out edge of the ring? Especially anteriors can act like a wedge when the material is pressed in. Our main problem we had was we did not let the rings bench set for about 5 minutes after we pulled them from the ring and let the excess moisture escape before they went into the oven.
Thanks used both ideas and pressing was good
jeff

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Are you pressing 100g? Ever have bad orange peel texture?

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
Yes

had orange peal on 100 and 200
found it was 2 things surfactant and oven calibration was of causing investment break down

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Have you tried disposable plungers?

JEFF AEZIMAN

JEFF AEZIMAN

Reaction score
I have they work well I have them for empress not emax Need to order up some for emax

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Alox plungers are energy vacuums.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Are you splitting them completely losing everything inside the ring or getting cracks that start at the plunger hole and go about half way down the side of the ring?
I had an issue with the latter and Chris from Zubler suggested letting the rings bench set for 1-2 minutes extra after removing from the silicone former to allow steam to escape before placing in burnout. No issues with cracking now.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I am using a zubler vario press 300 and I am splitting rings 200 gram dont know why
temp is right using ivoclar speed investment 30 min bench set 60 min burn out factory pressure settings are set 3bar low 4.5 bar high using alox plungers (new) any help?
would be appreciated

With my experience in pressing, I had some similar problems a couple of years ago.

It sounds like your rings are getting too cool. I also scrape the tops of the rings and

let bench set for 2-3 mins to help release the gasses. After they bench set again, put them

in a "Bull-pin" oven. The bull-pin oven is for slowly heating the ring up. It's set at about

800 degrees. Let it soak for about 45 mins and then go into the high heat. Also use

disposable plungers, Alox plungers are heat sinks.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I would also ensure that you are mixing the investment for the proper time. The PressVEST Speed should be mixed for 2.5 minutes at 350 rpms. It needs this full time to develop the full strength of the material. If your mixer doesn't slow down to 350 rpm (maybe 450 instead) you could take about 15 seconds off that time and still have plenty of working time. If you find that you are not getting enough working time using those parameters, make sure your bowl is damp (not wet) and cool, your liquid and water should also be at room temp (69-74F) and that should give you appropriate working times.

D

David Friedman

Reaction score
We use Talladium galaxy investment had a similar problem a year or so ago, A rep from ivoclar suggested scraping the side of the ring in several places before burnout. Knock on wood have not had the problem since.
David

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
would be appreciated

Bench set & Mix speed are usually the culprit. 200g rings really require a longer bench set using Ivoclar investment. If you are using disposable plungers, check to make sure they are not deformed. Otherwise call or email me and I will help you out.

Chris

L

labdude2

Reaction score
Alox plungers are energy vacuums.
split 100 gm rings one after another perfectly invested,timed, and calibrated ,cold plunger, heated plunger, quick technique in burnout, cold to cold furnace FREAKIN CRACKED rings again and again, after going through my Emax draw pulled out a new plunger mother -ucker ,I was using the -ucking Vita pm9 plunger, longer and a bit more narrow just enough to press out the top and split rings ., Ok good to go,and not embarrassed to share this I've done much worse

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks.... We've all made mistakes like that at some point. At least it was something easily remedied;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
Bench set & Mix speed are usually the culprit. 200g rings really require a longer bench set using Ivoclar investment. If you are using disposable plungers, check to make sure they are not deformed. Otherwise call or email me and I will help you out.

Chris[/QUOTE
]Yo Chris,
Wonder why you wouldn't recommend your investment? It is so much better than anything else we have tried.
100% liquid, 15 minute bench( exactly or ring will pop it's top,...for really man,..weird,..I know),no scraping, 1600 degree burnout, put ring in at high temp for 40 min. No probs.
Also ,..Jeff,..
Don't forget to check your pressure level ,..if it's too low press will be incomplete. Remove rings from heat immediately or the material can creep back toward center of mass and pull your margins back up

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score

Hey LA, I appreciate the plug. I just won't push a product to solve a problem not caused by a product. That's just asking for trouble. Besides, plugging products like that seems like such a opportunistic sales ploy. I would much rather help the laboratory technician solve their problem, hope they appreciated the support and give us a chance. I think it is much more credible to have people like you plug our products.

Top Bottom