Efficiency tips

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Im looking to make the lab as efficient as possible. 2 areas that i see being a problem is always mixing up the porcelains and opaques. I work from the jars of opaque and use a wet tray for the porcelains.. i feel like im mixing up stuff all day long somedays. I saw an opaque palette that looked like it may speed things along
Paste Opaque Palette | MPFBRUSH Co
My concern is that the opaque would dry out and I would end up mixing all the time anyway...has anyone used anything like this?

Another thing im going to do is mix up all my cervical powders for each shade and put them in my empty jars..that will save me a little time anyway. Any other time saving tips?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use that opaque palette, but I use paste opaques. With the volume I do they don't seem to dry out, besides does anyone do anything other than A2 anymore :D

As for the porcelain wet trays, try working out of the bottle's, some porcelains can't be done this way due to they require some condensing but it may solve your mixing problem.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I always have used 1-1.25" glass jars ( acrylic mixing?) for my porcelains. The lids seal well so they dont dry much..just a drop or two of distilled water to maintain per day. Dont forget humidity drops alot this time of year. Keep track of it and use a humidifier.

Biggest time saver...dont stack it on if youre going to grind it off. My work got better when I started using a Takanishi brush, and better yet when I switched to Ceramicus.

Also stopped using a separate base stone. Die stone for everything!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Thanks Rob, I've been meaning to try the jar dipping technique... I use pastes as well..maybe i'll give that pallete a shot.

I've been getting a little better at single bake crowns..I'm not real fast at stacking or grinding in but I have been getting a lot more accurate.. my posteriors I pack in around 15-20 minutes..grinding time is way more than i'd like, not from overpacking but because I nit pick far too much, and this is where i need to reduce my time by a lot.

I used to use takanishi brushes and switched to the renfert genius brush which i like a whole lot better. The takanishi brushes were synthetic and wouldnt hold a good point. The genius is kolinsky which shapes a lot easier.

Top Bottom