Duracetal clasp.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
photo.jpg

Just did my first Duracetal pink combo case. I would like to get some input if at all possible. Thanks for taking your time.
photo.jpg

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Very nice, looks good the doctor/patient should be very pleased.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
View attachment 2630

Just did my first Duracetal pink combo case. I would like to get some input if at all possible. Thanks for taking your time.

Very clean job but for the benifit of teaching new techs and to educate our clients I will make the following statement.

NEVER EVER EVER make a distal rest on a free end RPD. If you want to do BOTH M&D that is better, but truthfully for the life of that terminal abutment please do not design it this way.

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
Thank you. The doctor did the design and rest preps, but i fully understand why. The orthodontic movement since only one side is supported. I wish i could tell my docs this kind of stuff but i am still a bit unsure of myself and afraid to lose an account over an ego issue.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The case looks nice.

I get a lot of frameworks where the dentist has designed what they want on the cast. That usually means on repeat accounts they do not like the more European designs that come out of our lab if we are left to our own devices. I-bars and reciprocal clasp designs are just to radical for many American dentists.

The only thing I don't like about this sort of case is the DurAcetal acrylic junction will suck yuck up the line between the two materials. I would rather do a case like this as a cast Valplast combo where all the pink material is one.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
The only thing I don't like about this sort of case is the DurAcetal acrylic junction will suck yuck up the line between the two materials. I would rather do a case like this as a cast Valplast combo where all the pink material is one.

Agreed.....

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
What if you need to reline it later? can it still be done?

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
What if you need to reline it later? can it still be done?

Most labs offer a "reline" but its more of a redo for cheap & fast. IMO... Using either a matrix or reflasking for proper tooth placement. We offer it as a rebase to our dr's and require 3 days inlab...

appledental

appledental

Reaction score
I agree too. but you have to admit that it is much easier to reline and repair a case like this versus valplast combo, and you can always refresh the acrylic at the duracetal acrylic juntion. Maybe i am wrong but this is kind of my look at the situation.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
I agree too. but you have to admit that it is much easier to reline and repair a case like this versus valplast combo, and you can always refresh the acrylic at the duracetal acrylic juntion. Maybe i am wrong but this is kind of my look at the situation.

Agreed,

We do both here it just seems I always find myself unhappy with the junction point. Though I dont think we've ever had a complaint about it from a Dr. or patient....

Top Bottom