DSD (Digital Smile Design),your thoughts?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So we have been doing a lot of DSD cases. I wanted to know what DLN thought about the idea.

The main objective of the DSD idea in my opinion is to increase patient treatment acceptance.
Investing in lights, cameras, computers, etc. To put on a show for the patient. To get the patient excited and motivated for treatment. Or in other words, to increase the chances of the patient moving money from thier pocket, to the doctors.

First, we have the patient visit for a series of photos. I take the photos and build a keynote presentation. This will give the patent a better understanding of their current situation, an ideal situation, and what it will take to get there. Once the keynote presentation is complete, I will import a few of the keynote slides into 3shape and build a virtual waxup contained to the keynote design. Then I will print the cast of the waxup and build a matrix. The next time the patient visits, the additive design in placed in their mouth and another series of mockup photos taken. The photos are placed in the keynote for a before and after photo slide. The patient doesn't get a mirror to start nit picking the rough mockup. But instead are directed to the 55" flat panel display on the wall in the photo studio. That is where they will see before and after photos, and likely get excited about cosmetic treatment.

So not only does it put more money in the business when the patient accepts treatment. But now we have images and stls of these designs. And they will assist the techs when building the final restorations...

Below is a video I exported from keynote. This is what the doctor will present to the patient on the big screen in the photo studio. Explaining what they are lookng at between each slide before moving to the next...

What do you guys think? I will likely delete this video in the near future cause it has patient photos and such... for now, enjoy.
And name that song. :)

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
So we have been doing a lot of DSD cases. I wanted to know what DLN thought about the idea.

The main objective of the DSD idea in my opinion is to increase patient treatment acceptance.
Investing in lights, cameras, computers, etc. To put on a show for the patient. To get the patient excited and motivated for treatment. Or in other words, to increase the chances of the patient moving money from thier pocket, to the doctors.

First, we have the patient visit for a series of photos. I take the photos and build a keynote presentation. This will give the patent a better understanding of their current situation, an ideal situation, and what it will take to get there. Once the keynote presentation is complete, I will import a few of the keynote slides into 3shape and build a virtual waxup contained to the keynote design. Then I will print the cast of the waxup and build a matrix. The next time the patient visits, the additive design in placed in their mouth and another series of mockup photos taken. The photos are placed in the keynote for a before and after photo slide. The patient doesn't get a mirror to start nit picking the rough mockup. But instead are directed to the 55" flat panel display on the wall in the photo studio. That is where they will see before and after photos, and likely get excited about cosmetic treatment.

So not only does it put more money in the business when the patient accepts treatment. But now we have images and stls of these designs. And they will assist the techs when building the final restorations...

Below is a video I exported from keynote. This is what the doctor will present to the patient on the big screen in the photo studio. Explaining what they are lookng at between each slide before moving to the next...

What do you guys think? I will likely delete this video in the near future cause it has patient photos and such... for now, enjoy.
And name that song. :)

I can't see yours video , but I think if you work in dental office , this is the way to go .
You can find some info in the link :
http://egs.wslabs.it/en/total_maxillary_rehabilitation

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think its a great tool, how much time from start to finish does this presentation take to create?

From my perspective anything a client can do to sell more treatment the better but if I am responsible for creating this I see multiple hours to get this created that will need to be compensated for. I know you are working in-house so its a moot point you since the Dr is cutting your check but for the rest of us this would have to be another service fee.

If you were to put a number based on your time what would it be?

Thanks for sharing

G

grantoz

Reaction score
its good, i would like to see a few face hunter cases from zirkon zahn also, i think there is a few new things coming out to help with planning. to me all info is good.I have a couple of clients that only send me photos when the case isnt right it drives me nuts.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I think its a great tool, how much time from start to finish does this presentation take to create?

From my perspective anything a client can do to sell more treatment the better but if I am responsible for creating this I see multiple hours to get this created that will need to be compensated for. I know you are working in-house so its a moot point you since the Dr is cutting your check but for the rest of us this would have to be another service fee.

If you were to put a number based on your time what would it be?

Thanks for sharing
It used to take me a whole weekend and then some. So probably 7-8 hours for one. But now that I have gotten used to keynote, It takes about 2 hours. And I keep getting faster. Eventually 30 minutes should be enough. But once I am finished I review it with the doctor. If changes need to be made, it used to be a pain. But now that I got faster, changes are quick. If I had to put a price on it, $100-$300 depending on how much your time is worth. I enjoy doing it when I have time. I don't always have time, and all of these are getting done on my macbook at home.

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Is that pearl jam. Yellow Ledbetter. Great work. Is that price estimate for computer work only and should the matrix and models extra. Did the course you took suggest any pricing?