Dr's implant componants with case!!.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Hello friends,
a Doc. Sends all the implant componants with case, how do you charge him?, obviously to save money!

M

martintay

Reaction score
I have a client that does this - all I can do is charge for everything else I do . My price list for implants covers all stages - so I select the stages I do .

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
I also charge implant componentry as a separate item to the actual restoration, so in this case I would just charge for the implant crown .

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
I have an "Implant Crown" fee which is separate from regular crown fees to cover just this.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I tell my clients that if they send the parts and there is a remake they have to send new parts.

If the case miscasts they have to send new parts.

If they bought the wrong parts and I realize it after opening their parts they buy the right parts.

then generally stop sending parts

I mark my parts up for the convenience and security of my clients not having to purchase parts twice. This has a fee associated for my expertise and my time. Oh yeah and its a profit maker for me too 35% over list. I have no problem with clients that recognize value. One case that goes bad and they soon will.

REMEMBER MAKE YOUR TERMS KNOWN UP FRONT DO NOT LET THEM ASSUME!

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I tell my clients that if they send the parts and there is a remake they have to send new parts.

If the case miscasts they have to send new parts.

If they bought the wrong parts and I realize it after opening their parts they buy the right parts.

then generally stop sending parts

I mark my parts up for the convenience and security of my clients not having to purchase parts twice. This has a fee associated for my expertise and my time. Oh yeah and its a profit maker for me too 35% over list. I have no problem with clients that recognize value. One case that goes bad and they soon will.

REMEMBER MAKE YOUR TERMS KNOWN UP FRONT DO NOT LET THEM ASSUME!

I do the same I add my markup on implant components to the case charges.

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
I also mark up parts, but am curious what others do, Ive been thinking of putting together a "custom abutment + crown of choice" package fee. Nobel mills all my abutments and CAP mills my full ZR, these are fixed prices so I can easily set a $ 400-425 fee for say a custom abut and full ZR posterior for decent profit as a 1 man op. Analog would be another 25. fyi I scan with both nobelprocera and jensens lava.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I don't charge if I am provided all the parts. If it is necessary to adjust stock abut's then there is a $50 fee for outside account Dr's. I don't nickel and dime the in house docs... If I receive an impression with no analogs or implants, I charge 15% of the total parts cost to cover the time I have to take evaluating, researching, and ordering these parts. I would much rather be provided everything. I often lose too much time on a case when I have to order the parts. For example I just received a case for two posterior implant abuts. Just an impression... I attempted to order the Nobel RP and WP analogs and Esthetic stock abutments at the same time, rather than order the analogs, pour,mount,evaluate, and then order abuts.
So in the end I had to send back the WP and swap for a shorter collar and lose two days...

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
All of my restorations are a total fee with parts. This has eliminated many from purchasing them and that way all are correct.
If they do send them, I only deduct my cost from the total fee.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I have a few doc that send all the parts right or wrong they still want me to use the abutments just to save a few $$$. I still charge them for the soft tissue and abutment prepping, on top of the implant crown fee. I have another Doc that want me to use an Etkon lab for his staumann abutments I charge him a flat fee of $559.00 includes the analog, tissue, waxing up of the abutment and the abutment and crown. Otherwise if I have to get any implant part I add 30% on top of my cost.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Pfffftt,,,,doc needs to keep on dreaming. Straumann is one if not the most expensive.

I have a few doc that send all the parts right or wrong they still want me to use the abutments just to save a few $$$. I still charge them for the soft tissue and abutment prepping, on top of the implant crown fee. I have another Doc that want me to use an Etkon lab for his staumann abutments I charge him a flat fee of $559.00 includes the analog, tissue, waxing up of the abutment and the abutment and crown. Otherwise if I have to get any implant part I add 30% on top of my cost.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
for 2 cust Zirconia abutment from my wax up using the straumann waxing sleeves from CalCeram cost me 558.00.

279 for the abutment
39.00 for the soft tissue.
12.00 for the analong from glidewell
leaving me 229.00 for the implant crown. For a total package deal of 559.00

Wax sleeve is reused so the cost of that is very minimal.

Sometimes the Doctor provides me an analog. and I still charge him the same price 559.00 The package deal works for me, but I only offer it to one client only, every one else get full pop on all the parts I need to order.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Sevan,,,,,,,I really think you need to revisit this issue, allow me if I may, this is a common mistake by young techs, and docs exploit it,,,, those bastards. Seriously where is your profit. You need to mark up 35 % on your costs. ie,,abut, analogs etc. And if the doc decides to send parts then add a implant service fee to make up for your loss of being able to profit. Dont be fooled you're doing it for one,,,,,, the word gets out. "Stay savvy my friend."

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I get the service fee and we go mark up to 30% on all the parts we have to order on top of a fee for prepping the abutments and are implant crowns cost more then regular prep restorations.This is not a normal occurrence. normally our implant crowns with parts are over 600.00.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Sorry, was just hoping you wern't selling yourself short.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sorry, was just hoping you wern't selling yourself short.

LOL good looking out and covering my back, only one doc just cause they asked for a package deal. in the end it is slightly cheaper but still every penny is worth our time, and implant can be much more work when the surgeon places them all over the place.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Tell me sbout it, they make life tough then they want it cheaper. Problem is they profiting but limiting you from profiting accordingly. Just seems like the lab is always getting squeezed.