Dog in the Lab?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Hi all,
My employee wants to bring he tiny dog to the lab and I am not opposed to it, but my boyfriend blew a fuse telling me it is against some regulations to have an animal in the lab for hygienic reasons. I know without thinking about five labs who have dogs or cats in the lab everyday.
What are the rules and who enforces them?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Hi all,
My employee wants to bring he tiny dog to the lab and I am not opposed to it, but my boyfriend blew a fuse telling me it is against some regulations to have an animal in the lab for hygienic reasons. I know without thinking about five labs who have dogs or cats in the lab everyday.
What are the rules and who enforces them?

Depends on where you are, but in most cases, it's the health department. You are a medical device manufacturer. Probably not a good idea, though like you said, I see it all the time :(

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
remember.....impressions smell like food to a dog, and any sharps like bard parker blades in trash cans(disposed of improperly),not to mention the danger of tripping over a dog while carrying anything hot or delicate......I've been known to bring a dog or two to the lab anyway, but potty breaks for them tend to be disruptive to the work flow

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Do these labs ever see patients?...

doug

doug

Reaction score
I have, on occasion, brought my tiny little Yorkie to work on a Friday. Only if I'm the only one there and only because I'll be dropping her at the vet or groomer. I've been in a couple of labs that have larger dogs or cats hanging around all the time. That would be a distraction for me.

user name

user name

Reaction score
My big boxer is with me every day. He rotates between his kennel near the fireplace and the couch in my back room. I wouldnt have it any other way. He sits by the back door when he wants to be let out, growels at the door if somthing doesnt sound right, will sit close and lay his head on my leg when Im stressing like he has esp or somthing, and if he thinks its getting too late he sits and stares at the clock. If any government type said its not allowed Id W-2 him as a guard. I also garden alot, both at home and at the lab...one of the funniest things Ive seen is when he (Koda) discovered that balls grow on trees. (tomatos).

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Do these labs ever see patients?...

Most labs I've been to, and the larger ones I've worked at have a special shade taking room or area. Usually near the entrance and totally away from the actual lab. Usually the home-style labs have a pet or two, but once the lab is in a commercial setting, usually the pets stay at home.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Usually the home-style labs have a pet or two, but once the lab is in a commercial setting, usually the pets stay at home.
My pet is only allowed in the model room, kitchen, laundry room, the yard in the summer and in bed performing her duties.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
My pet is only allowed in the model room, kitchen, laundry room, the yard in the summer and in bed performing her duties.

:lol::lol: can you run fast?

Top Bottom