DMG Dental 10 vs. MIKRON HSM 200 LP

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Why not a HAAS with laser tool measurement system?

I have Two and love them. CMC, Glidwell, and BioHorizons also use them.

Be happy to show you mine running.

I know of a DMG Ultra 10 used for sale with automation cell.

Also, There are many DMG 20 Ultra on ebay for cheap.

??

tomek

tomek

Reaction score
HAAS was our first choice - we even went to one of european laboratory to check them, they looked ok, but owner told us that he isn't satisfied, so we got suspicious... :)

but thanks for ebay hint, i've just check and found dmg 20 in germany. it might be a good choice.

love to see how you work but it might be tricky:
http://tinyurl.com/oba5p2t
:)

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Do you have a concrete Base and air conditioning ?

tomek

tomek

Reaction score
i am looking for new place right now with solid base and air conditioning, to maintain perfect temperature ~21 C degrees;

i know that dmg 10 is very sensitive for temperature, at least more than machines with linear drives

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
If you look at the datasheet the micron is even better than the 20 and the 20 is 2 times better than the 10 but both limited A minus axis( Implantcases sometimes ???) . I dont think the 10 is for direkt screwed implant cases but i have no experience . You can ask Mack in germany they run 7 10 and 20 for dental.
How much is the micron ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
i am looking for new place right now with solid base and air conditioning, to maintain perfect temperature ~21 C degrees;

i know that dmg 10 is very sensitive for temperature, at least more than machines with linear drives

All axis motors are liquid cooled in the 10 series. Why would ambient air temp matter that much over other CNC mills I ask?

The 20 series does have added linear-drives....so what? Those are even liquid-cooled.

HAAS works great. I would not have bought a second if I wasn't happy. Same with Glidwell. ??

Best bang for the buck, and accuracy is fine for all Dental (after some tweeking)

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
When is your mill coming out that you've been working on Scott? Im going to be in the market very soon...

tomek

tomek

Reaction score
All axis motors are liquid cooled in the 10 series. Why would ambient air temp matter that much over other CNC mills I ask?

I know from guys who have dmg 10, that servomotors are vulnerable to temperature; another guy from CAM company said the same;

The 20 series does have added linear-drives....so what? Those are even liquid-cooled.

in mikron they are :)

HAAS works great. I would not have bought a second if I wasn't happy. Same with Glidwell. ??

Best bang for the buck, and accuracy is fine for all Dental (after some tweeking)

what kind of machines you have? do you mill many screw retained implant restorations?
i am asking becouse in europe HAAS isn't popular in dental milling centers; I was interested in their machines because of glidewell, but if you take a closer look at big milling ceteres in europe you will find that most popular is DMG - ultrasonic 20 especially :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
DMG 20 also has liquid-cooled linear motors...same as Mikron. ??

I think service guys have a hard time getting air out of coolant lines in the DMG mills, and some complain of leaks I have heard.

?? Maybe just One LOUD person, or maybe many people....I dunno?

If you are in Europe making the BIG money than of course get something German.

Did not make sense for me. Too much difference in cost/value to have imported and serviced.

D

dbas

Reaction score
If you look at the datasheet the micron is even better than the 20 and the 20 is 2 times better than the 10 but both limited A minus axis( Implantcases sometimes ???) . I dont think the 10 is for direkt screwed implant cases but i have no experience . You can ask Mack in germany they run 7 10 and 20 for dental.
How much is the micron ?
Hello! Do you have other examples of companies using that kind of machine?

Top Bottom