Die Stone.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Uh, no.

The stone above the plastic base still expands every bit as much as it wants to expand.
They only moderate the expansion of the portion of the stone that is in the plastic base. The stone in the plastic base still expands, but it can only expand as much/as far as it can push/distort the plastic tray.
I meant the base itself expands if its not plastic but stone.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
when i worked at aurum that would be about a month supply.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I use fuji for everything also. Microstone for opposing. How can you go wrong, they give you free stone!?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wow. When I was C&B -ing two years ago that would have lasted about 5 years.
You are much busier that I ever dreamed.
What, around a quarter million models a year?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Can someone quantify the differences between Fuji Rock EP and New Fuji Rock?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Anyone??? I'd like to know too. Currently using original Fujirock.
In a thread about dry model trimmers someone had mentioned that EP had resin in it, so models had a tendency to crack when using a dry trimmer.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Overheating?
I dry model trimmed resinrock with no issues other than my boss' crappy suction which was a shop vac 2 years later I can still feel it.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Overheating?
dry dtrimmers have a problem with resin filled stone. the resin heats up by friction and gums up the abrasive pads, leading to further friction caused by poor trimming ability due to clogged trimmer. the resin is insulated by what is now hot rock dissipating heat through its resin, which melts and splits the stone or if it was mixed with too much water the resin pools and you get a model explosion.

so if you do dry trimming, best to use a stone with low resin content. fuji contains about the most resin you can have safely in a dry trimmer. but you have to be conscientious about not exposing the model to a lot of trimming at once, and keeping the trimmer free of gunk by fully drying models and not letting wax or vaseline or other contaminants onto the grinder surface.

dry trimming is a PITA

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
dry dtrimmers have a problem with resin filled stone. the resin heats up by friction and gums up the abrasive pads, leading to further friction caused by poor trimming ability due to clogged trimmer. the resin is insulated by what is now hot rock dissipating heat through its resin, which melts and splits the stone or if it was mixed with too much water the resin pools and you get a model explosion.

so if you do dry trimming, best to use a stone with low resin content. fuji contains about the most resin you can have safely in a dry trimmer. but you have to be conscientious about not exposing the model to a lot of trimming at once, and keeping the trimmer free of gunk by fully drying models and not letting wax or vaseline or other contaminants onto the grinder surface.

dry trimming is a PITA
Such was my assumption, but I've never had a dry trimmer. Boundary layer issues is also why I'd made comments in times past critical of resin stones.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
hot resin dust is also super PITA to keep off the models.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
"Hot Resin" would be a good name for a band.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score

dry trimming is a PITA
in other words, don't overstack the stone, you wont have to do excessive trimming, and dry trimming no longer is a pain! been doing it nearly 20 years and its far better than making a nasty slurry mess

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
also, zero issues trimming Fuji rock or resin rock or any other resin based stones on my dry trimmer. maybe its the disposable trimmer disks we use. if they dull or start getting filled with stone we swap it out. 1-2x per week depending on how busy.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
also, zero issues trimming Fuji rock or resin rock or any other resin based stones on my dry trimmer. maybe its the disposable trimmer disks we use. if they dull or start getting filled with stone we swap it out. 1-2x per week depending on how busy.
Is that cost effective?