Diamond D shades

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
getting ready to try the chroma essence shade of heat cure and don't see a corresponding self cure shade. Which shade would be the closest match?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
There isn't one as far as I know.

What Mr Zelaske (rep for Keystone)will say to do is to use self cure monomer with the heat cure powder.

We have not had great luck matching it dead on. If you planning on doing self cure relines against it it will most definitely not match.

Maybe others out there have found a solution.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I've used the heat cure powder and cold cure monomer in a pinch for some repairs with Lucitone some years back and it worked fine for me. I would think it would work well with diamond d too.

budgenator

budgenator

Reaction score
I use the CE shade of Diamond D and have found that using heat-cure powder with self-cure monomer is squirrely, sometimes it cures and other times not so much. Original shade isn't too far off, it's the closest and feathering the edges helps. I've also discovered that mixing a little orig self-cure powder with CE heat-cure powder gets the shade closer and the cure more predictable. To be honest I don't think I've ever had a DD denture broken that didn't involve obvious mallocclusion, dropping and the last one was used by a dog for a chew toy. The vast majority of my repairs start off with "You didn't make this but, ..." since I started using DD.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I use Diamond D HC Chroma Essence mixed with a ratio of Diamond D original shade to prodce a custom color unique to my lab.
Self cure liquid with heat cure powder is close in shade but richness of color especially with the CE shade gets lost without heat curing the product.
A resounding chorus is always heard about how repairs disappear when using Diamond D. However, I had a guy at the MADTS in Indianapolis this last weekend mention during my lecture that he quit using Diamond D because its too hard and it takes longer to finish....proves you cant make everyone happy no matter what...

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
update: trial cured some heat cure powder with self cure liquid (fricke) and it cured just fine.

Top Bottom