COVID-19 RESTRICTION AND LOCKDOWNS- HOW YOU COPING??

• Thread starter enricochienrico
  • Start date
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
It is all about control. Scientism became the new religion... unelected "experts" are the priesthood .... those who oppose the narrative and free thinkers are the heretics. Will start inquisition real soon.... Vroam

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Says the person disagreeing with the experts. Why are you objectively right? Bold claim to assume the research I did is what's wrong, considering the opposing views are in the vast minority, ever think maybe your in the wrong? Maybe you read to much charged headline news and have an invalid opinion? or can only the opposing view be wrong?
Both sides have their own experts. How do you know which ones are right? No one knows for sure, so you can only do what you feel is right for you. You aren't going to change anyone's mind so you might as well stop raising your blood pressure.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
"How do you know which ones are right? No one knows for sure, so you can only do what you feel is right for you."

Uuuuuuh... because the TV said so ?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
How can you disagree with a nurse (or 1000s) willing to lose her job to job and reputation to tell everyone whats actually going on in a hospital? Is she lying that they are denying safe, proven drugs that can help people recover? Whats in it for the (many) whistleblowers? Open your eyes to reality here..

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
How can you disagree with a nurse (or 1000s) willing to lose her job to job and reputation to tell everyone whats actually going on in a hospital? Is she lying that they are denying safe, proven drugs that can help people recover? Whats in it for the (many) whistleblowers? Open your eyes to reality here..
You can disagree when there are thousands on the other side all getting the vaccine and staying in the hospitals to help people instead of propagating false information and walking out on patients.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Both sides have their own experts. How do you know which ones are right? No one knows for sure, so you can only do what you feel is right for you. You aren't going to change anyone's mind so you might as well stop raising your blood pressure.

Well apparently mine were wrong? That's what you said but now who knows? The arguments are circular because the reasons for opposition are the reasons they will never change their mind. I have no issues with discussion and its not like I get heated over this, its just wild to me that people actually have these stances that's all.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
But on the other side... it's wild that you think it's ok to force it on anyone.
At this point we don't know which scientist is right or wrong. But don't call people anti-vaxxer because they want to wait for more safety data. Because nobody knows the long term effects. In a meantime people made their choices, whatever it may be. We will live with the consequences, good or bad.

Vaccines help? Yes. And yes some kids get damaged from vaccines, and it's hard on the parents, and that is why they are fighting. They want companies to make it safer, so no kids or parents has to suffer, but making it safer might cost a bit more.

doug

doug

Reaction score
If only we could have someone like Typhoid Mary walking the streets of every city, greeting people and engaging all who came by.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I made my decision to get the shot because I thought it was the best decision for ME. Does that give me the right to tell anyone else what to do? Hell no!!! All of these people who keep lecturing, harping, and berating those who haven't gotten it are only going to make them even more against it. It is their RIGHT to say what is and isn't going into their body!!!

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I made my decision to get the shot because I thought it was the best decision for ME. Does that give me the right to tell anyone else what to do? Hell no!!! All of these people who keep lecturing, harping, and berating those who haven't gotten it are only going to make them even more against it. It is their RIGHT to say what is and isn't going into their body!!!

See that argument I can understand "I don't want to put that in my body" but the problem is that a large majority of people use that argument to lump in untrue facts on the vaccine and propagate the anti-vaxx culture.

You rarely see anyone say, I understand the vaccine is good but I just don't want to get it because I don't want to. Instead they say I don't want to and then feel they have to defend it by trying to prove and dissuade other from getting it (Not saying thats what your doing.)

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
See that argument I can understand "I don't want to put that in my body" but the problem is that a large majority of people use that argument to lump in untrue facts on the vaccine and propagate the anti-vaxx culture.

You rarely see anyone say, I understand the vaccine is good but I just don't want to get it because I don't want to. Instead they say I don't want to and then feel they have to defend it by trying to prove and dissuade other from getting it (Not saying thats what your doing.)
That's because they feel like it's being FORCED on them. Which it is! And that's only going to make people dig in their heels even more, and I don't blame them one bit! There are a lot of people in this world that would do anything for you if you asked nice enough, TELL them they HAVE to, and it'll be a cold day in hell before they do it!!! How do I know this, because that fits me to a T.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Just got a text from my 67 year old mom. She works as a hospital administrator for a surgery center. She was just notified that she needs to go over to the main hospital to help clean rooms because they have no more staff left to do it. When she got over there, she said there are patients everywhere and no beds left.

This is exactly why we were asked to socially distance and wear a mask a year ago. This is the reason we were asked to go get vaccinated once it was approved. They told us if we allowed Covid to spread, it would have more chances to mutate into something that would be more virulent. Health officials told us what would happen if we didn't follow their guidelines. The things they told us would occur, have occurred, but none of this will matter to the folks who say this is an infringement on their freedoms.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
I don't think the federal government will win in court when they get sued by several states over using OSHA to impose a vaccine mandate on businesses with over 100 employees. It seems like it'll come down to the states choices individually.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
images

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Not sure how well this works for COVID, but it totally works against zombie bites on the hands
Hey good idea, if people don't want to get the shot in their arms they could just do a double amputation, problem solved.