COVID-19 RESTRICTION AND LOCKDOWNS- HOW YOU COPING??

• Thread starter enricochienrico
  • Start date
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So what do you do when your best technician(s) refuses the vaccine?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Not a concern, even the people that thought it was a hoax got the vaccine. And if they aren't double vaxxed yet they have to wear a mask even at their desk and not just when walking around the lab.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Considering the site it was posted on I can't even call it a headline, it's a blog. The story within the post seems legit, but even this poor woman's husband is saying this situation is extremely rare and they don't know if the vaccine caused it. It's possible it did, but even if that were the case, it's extremely rare, you know what isn't extremely rare? Dying horribly from covid because you weren't vaccinated.

I'm glad I'm not in that situation. If following suggested guidelines was a thing, at a minimum you'd require they get rested regularly to protect them, you, your other techs, and everyone else around them including patients that come in for custom shades. I don't know about your lab but we get impressions sent to us from doctors that have been inside people's mouths. Even though the doctor's office is supposed to follow strict procedures for disinfecting those impressions, there's a chance they mess it up or forget, so we do our own process when we check the cases in. Yet another example of a bunch of layers of protection working together to vastly lower the chance that anyone gets infected.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We had one person in our 15 person lab who didn't get vaccinated. She was our front office person. She wore a mask with no problems.

We did have another employee who never had the chance to refuse the vaccine because they went and insurrected on the Capitol on Jan 6. They had contracted COVID after hosting an indoor Thanksgiving with many people in opposition to local health guidelines and missed three weeks of work leading up to the week before Jan 6. They came back to work and asked for more time off so they could go to the DC. They were told no, so they quit and went on their insurrection vacation. They would have absolutely refused the vaccine and they were upset that everyone was wearing a mask in our lab before we all got vaccinated. Glad they chose to quit.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We had one person in our 15 person lab who didn't get vaccinated. She was our front office person. She wore a mask with no problems.

We did have another employee who never had the chance to refuse the vaccine because they went and insurrected on the Capitol on Jan 6. They had contracted COVID after hosting an indoor Thanksgiving with many people in opposition to local health guidelines and missed three weeks of work leading up to the week before Jan 6. They came back to work and asked for more time off so they could go to the DC. They were told no, so they quit and went on their insurrection vacation. They would have absolutely refused the vaccine and they were upset that everyone was wearing a mask in our lab before we all got vaccinated. Glad they chose to quit.
That's wild, seems like you lucked out on them deciding to take their leave.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
That's wild, seems like you lucked out on them deciding to take their leave.
At one point, I saw this person as a big part of the future of our lab. I even nominated them for Dental Tech of the Year while I was a member of our state dental lab board, which they won. They were completely apolitical when they started working at our lab 7 years ago. Then they married a republican local trustee and then 2016 happened and then they were full blown QANON, the election was stolen, MAGA by 2020.

Yes, I think it was best for everyone that they moved on. Glad they chose to quit rather then us having to take action. I did find it odd that they tried to file for unemployment after they quit. I guess they like government when it benefits them.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I got sick for a few days at the beginning of all this. I suspect it was Covid just because it felt like the worst flu I've ever had. I never got tested to confirm it. I watched the news when the doctors said not to wear masks because most were not effective against Covid unless you had n95 or better. Then they reversed that mask decision, but never properly explained how most of these non n95+ masks suddenly had magical protection powers against Covid. I ended up getting one of those masks painter's wear with the filters on the side. I looked funny grocery shopping with that mask and goggles on, but I didn't care if it meant my protection from Covid. At that time I was thinking to get the J&J vaccine when it became available as it had only one shot and I thought it would be better to get a one and done vaccine.

As I started learning more about pro and anti vaxx stuff, I became vaccine hesitant. The vocal doctors and nurses against lockdowns and vaccine mandates are being ignored by the mainstream media and I think that's doing a disservice to all of us. You know something isn't right when protest marches around the world are hardly mentioned in the news. We need to be fully informed if the stats we're being told are being manipulated to push a certain narrative, if the adverse effects from the vaccines are worse than reported and if there are alternative treatments that can help. Doctors and nurses being threatened to not go against their college/association vaccine mandates is another red flag. Fear of losing your job is a good way to silence people.

We need to concentrate on protecting the most vulnerable. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm),people with high blood pressure, diabetes, being overweight and a couple of other disorder's are the one's mostly dying or having problems with Covid. If you have one of those conditions, maybe you should consider one of the vaccines if you feel the benefits are greater than the risks. I don't have any of those problems and don't plan on getting any of the current vaccines unless improvements are made or a different vaccine with a better record becomes available. If you make it a problem for me economically, then I'll make sure to make it a problem for you as well. Protect the vulnerable and let the majority live their lives.

Btw, I don't understand those against the vaccines pushing for ivermectin to be used. That drug can cause brain damage and big pharma still makes a nice profit.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I got sick for a few days at the beginning of all this. I suspect it was Covid just because it felt like the worst flu I've ever had. I never got tested to confirm it. I watched the news when the doctors said not to wear masks because most were not effective against Covid unless you had n95 or better. Then they reversed that mask decision, but never properly explained how most of these non n95+ masks suddenly had magical protection powers against Covid. I ended up getting one of those masks painter's wear with the filters on the side. I looked funny grocery shopping with that mask and goggles on, but I didn't care if it meant my protection from Covid. At that time I was thinking to get the J&J vaccine when it became available as it had only one shot and I thought it would be better to get a one and done vaccine.

As I started learning more about pro and anti vaxx stuff, I became vaccine hesitant. The vocal doctors and nurses against lockdowns and vaccine mandates are being ignored by the mainstream media and I think that's doing a disservice to all of us. You know something isn't right when protest marches around the world are hardly mentioned in the news. We need to be fully informed if the stats we're being told are being manipulated to push a certain narrative, if the adverse effects from the vaccines are worse than reported and if there are alternative treatments that can help. Doctors and nurses being threatened to not go against their college/association vaccine mandates is another red flag. Fear of losing your job is a good way to silence people.

We need to concentrate on protecting the most vulnerable. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(https://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2021/21_0123.htm),people with high blood pressure, diabetes, being overweight and a couple of other disorder's are the one's mostly dying or having problems with Covid. If you have one of those conditions, maybe you should consider one of the vaccines if you feel the benefits are greater than the risks. I don't have any of those problems and don't plan on getting any of the current vaccines unless improvements are made or a different vaccine with a better record becomes available. If you make it a problem for me economically, then I'll make sure to make it a problem for you as well. Protect the vulnerable and let the majority live their lives.

Btw, I don't understand those against the vaccines pushing for ivermectin to be used. That drug can cause brain damage and big pharma still makes a nice profit.
I appreciate your point of view. I hope you continue to listen and take in new info as we get more data from the millions of people who have taken the COVID vaccines.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I appreciate your point of view. I hope you continue to listen and take in new info as we get more data from the millions of people who have taken the COVID vaccines.
I'm always ready to learn more. So far I haven't been convinced that these vaccines offer me more of a benefit than a risk, but that may change in the future. At the end of the day I have to do what I feel is best for myself, my family and my community. Lockdowns and vaxx passports are divisive and will only make things worse. I just can't support those things.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I feel like I have been very well informed and prepared during this pandemic. I have a degree in chemistry so it hasn't bothered me to see the guidance from our health experts change over time. It's at the basis of good science....as more data becomes available, your conclusions may and should change. Epidemiologists have been predicting this pandemic for a long time. We have seen it before with SARS back in 2002. I am not dismissing the lab origin theory, but I do not think it was intentional if it did come from a lab nor do I believe there is any evidence this virus was man made or was altered in any way artificially. My thoughts on this could change as more data becomes available. My mom has also been an excellent resource. She is a hospital administrator and has been in on senior level meetings with the CDC. I knew early on, this was going to be very bad. I still remember the videos from China of them spraying down entire city blocks in Wuhan with disinfectant around New Years. I didn't really need a media source to tell me this was different than past pandemics and we were in trouble.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
I grew up in the forest, raised by animals... I only do this job as you, because I was stupid to do anything else.
Please educate me, explain me things.
After that you should explain me how having rights work, my rights, and yours, and why someone's right is above another person's, if we are talking about mandating things.
And we should talk about health as well, if we think people should not be treated in the hospital, because they made a choice. And then give back the tax to them, that pays for the hospitals. And then we can come up with other policies, like we tell people hey you made a choice, like ate bad food, so don't come to the hospital but exercise, drug overdose, let's not help them either, or people with liver problems when they have alcohol issues...
After that class I want a history class as well, so you can explain me how well all the things that happened in nazi Germany worked out. And other times in history when people were divided by something, and how good it was.
The point was to show that people get injured by your amazing vaccine, let's not act like it is not real. More and more people coming forward and tell the truth they witnessed.
And when we say "safe and effective", how do we measure that. What is the limit, when do we say it's not safe? How many people has to suffer from it? Is there a number?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I grew up in the forest, raised by animals... I only do this job as you, because I was stupid to do anything else.
After that you should explain me how having rights work, my rights, and yours, and why someone's right is above another person's, if we are talking about mandating things.
And we should talk about health as well, if we think people should not be treated in the hospital, because they made a choice. And then give back the tax to them, that pays for the hospitals. And then we can come up with other policies, like we tell people hey you made a choice, like ate bad food, so don't come to the hospital but exercise, drug overdose, let's not help them either, or people with liver problems when they have alcohol issues...
After that class I want a history class as well, so you can explain me how well all the things that happened in nazi Germany worked out. And other times in history when people were divided by something, and how good it was.
The point was to show that people get injured by your amazing vaccine, let's not act like it is not real. More and more people coming forward and tell the truth they witnessed.
And when we say "safe and effective", how do we measure that. What is the limit, when do we say it's not safe? How many people has to suffer from it? Is there a number?
The point was that the article said the issue was from Covid and not the vaccine, they literally say in the article that the they couldn't say if the cause was related to the vaccine or just coincidence.

When they say safe they mean that out of the billions of doses given and hundreds of million that are double vaxxed, only a small percentage of people (Think fraction of a fraction) show any adverse effects.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
The evidence you used to back up your claim that vaccines are harming people came from a blog. One person's opinion. It is also anecdotal. It is no different than me saying I got the vaccine and had no ill effects and therefore anyone who says they had a negative effect from the vaccine is wrong.

Have some people been harmed by the vaccine? Absolutely. Having said that, the number of people harmed is far far outweighed by the people who have been saved from death, hospitalization, long term illness, and the horrible impacts this virus is having on our health care system and health care workers.

We live in a community. It's always a balance of individual liberties vs the common good. In this case, there is a whole lot of evidence that the common good of everyone getting vaccinated far outweighs the intrusion on an individuals liberty.