COS Status?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I heard a RUMOR recently that 3M has abandoned the COS system. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I know 3 of the clients I work with that bought this system are not using it

Another 3k I spent to be a margin marking lab that went down the drain!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you elaborate John and Jay,

I'm currently wooing 2 Drs that just purchased a Cos and they say they are happy with the results.I've arranged a meeting so I'd appreciate any insight and advice from your experience.
I'm hoping to convince them to send me some files to my 3 Shape.

Are the models the problem?

Rob

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I just think it takes the average guy longer to scan an impression than it does to take an imp right now.

The field has to be a bit more pristine than with a good hydrophilic imp material to get similar results.

Supra ging preps are great and clean but anything deep is a bitch.

The models are bad ass, I have not done anything virtual to compare.

Whats funny I just called one of those clients that more or less is just letting his machine collect dust and asked him whats up and he more or less touted the same as I just outlined.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I cannot elaborate, no. It was simply a rumor i heard and there was nothing else behind it.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I expected this for a while now.

Who can help me with a Linux project?

Anyone?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
COS is based on Linux. I have No Linux experience.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just think it takes the average guy longer to scan an impression than it does to take an imp right now.

The field has to be a bit more pristine than with a good hydrophilic imp material to get similar results.

Supra ging preps are great and clean but anything deep is a bitch.

The models are bad ass, I have not done anything virtual to compare.

Whats funny I just called one of those clients that more or less is just letting his machine collect dust and asked him whats up and he more or less touted the same as I just outlined.

Thanks John

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I heard this same thing from a colleague. I also heard they were giving away the rest of their IOScanners... o_O

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Damn! Crazy.

I also hear Hostess has filled for bankruptcy.

WTF? No more Twinkies? It's panic time!!

Is this the end of America? What's next...McDonalds go bust?

ablog.chron.com_lorensteffy_files_2012_01_twinkiepic.jpg
ablog.chron.com_lorensteffy_files_2012_01_twinkiepic.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Wow whats next an incurable plaque with the walking dead around the corner???

I better go to Vegas and blow all this coin I have saved on a mill on Hookers and blow!

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thank the unions for that one too;)

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
I expected this for a while now.

Who can help me with a Linux project?

Anyone?

not sure, but I just installed OpenBSD5.0 on an old Sun Ultra5 I had laying around. Installing Gnome for a desktop as I write this. Not gonna pay for Solaris11. I can hack my way around to get it run as a desktop or server(web/email/dns etc) but I'm no expert.

Rex
------
VI is my html editor :)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
not sure, but I just installed OpenBSD5.0 on an old Sun Ultra5 I had laying around. Installing Gnome for a desktop as I write this. Not gonna pay for Solaris11. I can hack my way around to get it run as a desktop or server(web/email/dns etc) but I'm no expert.

Rex
------
VI is my html editor :)

Cool! I installed sabayon 7 with the gnome desktop the other day on a virtual machine. You should try virtual box if you haven't before. Has a seamless desktop window environment. Running two systems simultaneously on a Mac air lol. No issues so far;)

Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer

HMFIC
Reaction score
Cool! I installed sabayon 7 with the gnome desktop the other day on a virtual machine. You should try virtual box if you haven't before. Has a seamless desktop window environment. Running two systems simultaneously on a Mac air lol. No issues so far;)

Yea its alot of fun to mess with this stuff, its free. I have a Sun E4500 server in my basement that ran virtual servers(its for sale cheap! lol). I use to run a mini ISP in the early days of the net for friends and it got out of hand. I had 4 servers running anything and everything on Solaris in the back room of my lab lol.

Now, I'm just gonna use it for music streaming and running a M.U.D. lol

rex
------