Converting Sirona scans

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
Could i receive the file as well.?
Also does anyone have a CDT file 4.2 or higher they could send me. Ill crack it and make a converter as well. Sick of Patterson trying to take work from labs and leave dentists stranded after they foot the bill

B

bit

Reaction score
I didnt get the plugin, but fortunately got the source code for some part of a converter (still some issue remaining, probably a version problem). I could send it to you after my holidays (2 weeks, beginning monday :) ).

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
I would rather, get CDT's if you have them i dont have access to any. Easier to convert at the core file than the lab files. I have Pat's original converter which wont work on 4.0 up

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
I have not gotten a reply from CIM System yet but does anyone know if it will it convert 4.0 and higher CDT's at all to stl?

*** you still own this software you would know?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
the list is extensive.

lets begin with the scanner.
1. it takes low res scans
2. scans are full of holes, requiring a lot of rescanning
3. speed is slow
4. does not accomodate most articulations.

that right there should be enough to rule out the inlab scanner.

now the mill.
1. it is 3 axis only. its vendors may tell you it is 4 axis but i can assure you it is only 3 axis because the calculation of toolpaths does not ever involve the rotation or angulation of the part, nor do the tools experience any angulation. nothing on this machine tilts therefore it is 3 axis.
2. it takes a while
3. burs do not last long
4. the fits are less than par, and if you want to adjust the fit to be tighter and more accurate you have to make textbook preps with PERFECT corners and margins. yeah you never get that, and if you are a dentist then chances are you arent willing or are not skilled enough to do this.
5. it requires a lot of maintenance. changing burs and coolant takes time out of the day.
6. the milling can potentially cut into areas that are already minimal thickness

with that, i introduce you to the software side of grievances
1. it is proprietary; unless you pay exorbitant rates or per-click fees, you cannot move your scans to an external design suite.
2. the design suite is not easy to use
3. it is not full featured
4. it lacks detail
5. it cannot show you critical information without forcing you OUT of design phase. i.e. you cant display an overlay of information and still do design. you literally have to switch modes from design to analysis and back again.
6 it is not even optimized for new computer hardware
7. it is not flexible enough to let you custom sculpt edges, or faces.
8. there is no control panel where you modify parameters of materials, spacers, or whatever. those numbers are hard coded. this is primarily why people want to escape the design suite and transfer to exocad or 3shape

if on any of these points you need some expanded information there are a hundred of us willing to lay down.
That's like 1% of the total cons to this system. And no one needs to make a list to satisfy themselves. Basically, as technicians we have all had our HANDS ON many different systems. And conclude that SIRONA is the least desirable. And for the price, you can do much much much much much much much much much much much much better.

PS!
Hi Sirona! I know you lurk! Hell, you've got adverts here on DLN. I just want to tell you for the hundredth time. I despise you. Thanks.

B

bit

Reaction score
@mrcadcam Do you have a emailadress i can send a cdt to? Seems there is no PN function on this board. I dont know the exact version atm, but im sure its a version patmos converter (respectively the c part done by notyourbuddy) cant convert without modification.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
@mrcadcam Do you have a emailadress i can send a cdt to? Seems there is no PN function on this board. I dont know the exact version atm, but im sure its a version patmos converter (respectively the c part done by notyourbuddy) cant convert without modification.

Do you have dropbox? Most CDT's are in the 15 to 30 MB range so it might kick it out with email.

Also i heard back from CIM and they didnt give me a definite answer, they needed to see a new CDT file. I just want to do it free for everyone to stick it to Patterson and Schein. They try to extort the labs and dentists; its free for a dentist to physically hand you a impression but to get a digital impression Doc has to pay thousands if not hundred's of thousands and then the lab has to pay there thousands if not hundred's of thousands and then you still cant do with it what you please.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
You cant PM till you hit a certain amount of posts, i think.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I can sell a converter software, that converts cerec files to .stl. Also cercon, procera and 3shape.

M

mrcadcam

Reaction score
I can sell a converter software, that converts cerec files to .stl. Also cercon, procera and 3shape.
Ok 1 message person, do you have a link to a demo or any examples.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So lets make it 2 message person. The program has demo version but does not allow converting cerec, so here is the option for you. Send me the file that needs conversion to my email address [email protected] and I will convert and send it back.

Here are some screenshots:

conv1.png

conv2.png

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
no, man. i have that. its free software AND IT DOESNT WORK. when you pick any file regardless of its source or destination it gives u an error.

and it does this until you pay for the software.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I´m selling it with license key so no errors.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
curiosity: how much for the license ?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
200.-, it works with 2013 version of the program.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so you are selling a crack ?

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
It is not crack, it is license key. Different versions have different licenses. I´m holding 2013 version license key.

B

bit

Reaction score
back from holidays :)
@mrcadcam If PMs are limited by post count you probably can send one. I cant :( If you send me a PM I can provide a DL link. The file i have is only around 6 MB.

S

silvares

Reaction score
Hi,

krashd133

Can you also send me the open dental cad files, please?

I have been trying to find them online but I wasn´t successful.

thank you