Converting Sirona scans

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Hi,

krashd133

Can you also send me the open dental cad files, please?

I have been trying to find them online but I wasn´t successful.

thank you

send me your email

S

silvares

Reaction score
The program is an Open Dental CAD add-on for Blender

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hello Silvares,
can you send me a link for download. I couldn`t find it.
THX
Tom

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Hi CoolHandLuke,
this site I found, but there is no download anymore. Maybe I´m still sleepy. Dontknow

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm not sure, but i do know there is this addon to blender, and then a cdt importer for the addon. both are probably available from blender itself now, if not taken down completely while @patmo141 the developer of the project overhauls it.

S

silvares

Reaction score
I am sorry guys, but I never receive the program :(

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I added you onto the shared folder in Dropbox for it, I'll send another invitation....make sure it doesn't get pushed into your spam folder

D

dshuen

Reaction score
Hi tehnik,
I am interested in the convertor software you are selling. I have a Cerec red cam with 3.8 software. I would like to convert the cdt file to stl file. I need the stl file to import the scan to the Blueskybio software for implant case planing.

I cannot find the Blender software and the cdt import plugin. Is it still available somewhere on the web?

S

silvares

Reaction score
Hi krashd 133, yes it was caught in my spam box for a while. Thank you for the file. Unfortunately it didn’t work on my computer. :(

dshuen if you want blender I can try to send it to you. Send me a PM

A.jeha

A.jeha

Reaction score
Does anyone here by chance know some software to convert cdt files from the old Sirona scanner inEos (cdt to stl for instance)? Patmo et al. have solved this issue in the past (see http://www.elysiun.com/forum/showthread.php?236892-Find-the-Mesh-Data-in-a-file/page2),but the solution is no longer available. Unfortunately the cdt fileformat uses some sort of undocumented encryption and compression (if the information from the link above is correct),otherwise I would write the converter by myself. Buying some upgrade is also no option, as our research funds are limited. I also asked Sirona directly, but they were (not very surprisingly) not willing to give any hints about the file format.
Zirkonzahn does ..mail me a file cdt to this mail and i will test it a-jeha (at)hotmail.com