Clear silicone/putty material

W

wirebender2040

Reaction score
I'm looking for a material to create indirect bonding trays. I want a clear silicone type material that can be light cured through. There are a few products out there through the vendors, but they all have short working times and are expensive. Does anyone know a cheaper solution?

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
I forget the brand, but the only one I have seen is in an automix cartridge and is expensive.....I would be interested to know of something cheaper too.....

W

wirebender2040

Reaction score
Everything I've found is in an automix form, which is not ideal. I'm looking for something in bulk.

W

wirebender2040

Reaction score
Would it actually be legal to use that stuff in someone's mouth?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Before I'm accused of trying to kill people,I would suggest comparing the composition of the 2 materials.
I would be interested to know the diffferences.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Relax Hanibal Lecture!

No one is advocating using anything non dental here.

When it comes to silicone I'm sure you're an expert.....

S

Saltmania

Reaction score
I'm looking for a material to create indirect bonding trays. I want a clear silicone type material that can be light cured through. There are a few products out there through the vendors, but they all have short working times and are expensive. Does anyone know a cheaper solution?

I happen to be in need of the exact same thing for my dental research, but I can't seem to find anything. Did you ever end up finding anything cheaper? And if not, what were the few products out there through the vendors? I have some grant funds that I'm willing to spend to locate this product. Please let me know!

Smilewire

Smilewire

Reaction score
Oh so Im guessing a hot glue gun wouldnt be kosher either? A ton of labs use that! I use triad put seperator on the model and light cure in the embrasures so they can have an open area to light cure then they pull off mine. But I heard a thermoformed appliance is best I dunno I try to sell them on gold chain.

AleTheDoc

AleTheDoc

Reaction score
Hello, I am ortho and I do indirect bonding... For vps clear i have used Memosil 2 from Heraeus, works good. The cheap choice is the hot glue gun I do not use it but I know doctors that use it (or have used it) and publish it. For sure you can find it in internet. I wrote an email to the doctor telling that I read the article and an "industrial material" was used to do the trays. The doctor told me that it was also used by doctors that do lingual ortho and it is ok because the material is the same as for pakaging the food (to seal the box).
I do not know legal ok? But it is used. When they use this system with the hot gun in the office, to remove easily the tray, after curing, the patient takes hot water ir order to soften the tray........
The Best way to do it today, and is the way I do it is with thermoforming sheets. Accuracy and easy to remove. I use two sheets, first one is flex sheet 1mm thikness ( I use erkoflex, from erkodent) and the second one is 0.5 mm hard sheet ( I use erkodur). I prefer to cover tube hooks etc with block material.
In the lab side takes more time with thermoforming sheets and obviously with the hot gun is easier takes 1 minute and is cheaper but is better with thermoforming sheets

Top Bottom