Cleaning mixing bowl

A

AL1

Reaction score
Anyone know of anything I can put in my mixing bowl to get rid of stone buildup?
I could have it shell blasted but that creates retention and makes the stone stick.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Lime Away, then rinse weely weely well before using. Sodium Citrate or plaster and stone remover from your lab supplier. Soak overnight or over the weekend. Rinse as before.

JonB

JonB

Reaction score
I just bought new ones - wish I'd seen this before - I'da saved a couple bucks!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Stone and Plaster remover. Works like a charm.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I just bought new ones - wish I'd seen this before - I'da saved a couple bucks!

New bowls are nice. too bad it only happens every 25 years.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
We use Plaster and Stone Remover from L and R
comes in a1 gallon jug
pour it into the bowl and leave over night

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
After the gypsum remover I use brillianize plastic cleaner takes out scratches from my Helmut shield and after cleaning my vac bowl plaster just peals out for a few forgetme's.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
come on Guys, it's only a plastic bowl! Throw it away and get e new one with bright nice colors!
If plaster is building up in the bowl means there's fissures and cracks in the plastic that it will somehow contaminate the new mix. Even after cleaning, it might not appear clearly due to water , but sure they do exist. Just get a new one.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
First of all, vacuum mixer bowls aren't cheap. second of all, you aren't supposed to use a bowl for anything it's not dedicated for, so where's the contamination?
If you are talking a hand spatulate bowl, fine, but I don't think it's a good use of capital to ****can perfectly useful equipment items.

A

AL1

Reaction score
I dont think new bowls are an option, they dont make them to fit my old multivac.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I store my bowls/ spatula lid full of water.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
come on Guys, it's only a plastic bowl! Throw it away and get e new one with bright nice colors!
If plaster is building up in the bowl means there's fissures and cracks in the plastic that it will somehow contaminate the new mix. Even after cleaning, it might not appear clearly due to water , but sure they do exist. Just get a new one.
I have a Wehmer vacuum mixer, Last X-Mas I dropped a bowl then tripped on it, so I ordered one, the old one was 7-8yrs old anyway and U can't repair a crack. the new one was $47. and the bowl cover with spatula (i bent the drn thing) was an additional $145. I don't drop it any more & I keep it as shiny new as I can and the helicopter windshield polish really helps.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I have a Wehmer vacuum mixer, Last X-Mas I dropped a bowl then tripped on it, so I ordered one, the old one was 7-8yrs old anyway and U can't repair a crack. the new one was $47. and the bowl cover with spatula (i bent the drn thing) was an additional $145. I don't drop it any more & I keep it as shiny new as I can and the helicopter windshield polish really helps.

Like I said: it's a poor use of capital to replace what can easily be maintained.