cerec ineos red 32 bit or 64 bit??

kev

kev

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can use the Ineos red on a 64 bit system?
I just recently purchased a new pc that's running windows 7 64bit but having some problems with not being able to calibrate the scanner.
The Cerec software 3.60 is running on the 64bit system, it recognizes the Ineos but just won't let me calibrate it for some reason...

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Can you reboot in XP 64bit?

Windows 7 is better than Vista, but some programs still need the XP OS.

If it's not on you hard drive, you could pay a small fee to Bill Gates for the XP-64.

What graphics card are you using?

nvidia ? ati?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Did you install the proper drivers for the scanner?

You could copy them from old computer.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
The current software 3.6 is hit and miss with 64bit windows 7 at the moment.
Some people have got it working others not, including my self.

Its more a software thing at the minute rather than hardware so your best to wait for 3.8 before you switch, as this is designed for windows 7 64bit.

kev

kev

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,
I called Patterson today, and have confirmed that you can't use Ineos red on Windows 7 64 bit or 32bit operating system.
You must have the new Blue to work with the newest computers and the newest versions of software after 3.65
I think it's bunch of crap that they are trying to make the red camera obsolete.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
as far as im aware the red works fine with the imiinent 3.8 release.

as for win 7 64 bit, dont see it as a problem. just stick with XP.

The only real advantage with 64 bit is you get to use the extra memory but if you check task manager when running on 2 gig, theres still plenty to spare so 3 gig under 32 bit is plenty for the inlab software for now.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,
I called Patterson today, and have confirmed that you can't use Ineos red on Windows 7 64 bit or 32bit operating system.
You must have the new Blue to work with the newest computers and the newest versions of software after 3.65
I think it's bunch of crap that they are trying to make the red camera obsolete.

No offense, but you can run anything on 64 that you could run on a 32bit. Patterson is not into computer servicing. Why even ask them I wonder?

As stated before, you could simply boot in XP64. Done!
And, be sure you have the drivers installed. Satisfy your software license, if necessary, with some code or online activation. That's about it.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
*** that is not correct.

The software errors on install on my win7 64bit install. some have got it to work others not.

on win7 32bit it installs fine however.

This is fixed in 3.8 which is due for release any time now so not really a major prob.

The sirona software is garbage anyway. Hopefully they will open the mcxl up to 3shape soon.

kev

kev

Reaction score
Hey Paul,
All previous software including 3.6 is compatible with the windows 7 64 bit operating system.
The issue i'm having is that the Ineos red is not compatible with this config.
I called Patterson, and what I have been told is that you have to buy the new Ineos blue to work with this new config and that all future versions of the Cerec software is for the blue camera and NOT for the red camera. So, I'm not sure what your are hearing about 3.8

P

paulg100

Reaction score
kev,

im a member of cerec doctors and use the forums there regularly.

This is how i know there are alot of people having problems running 3.6 on win 7 64 bit.

As for the red cam, the chairside red cam works with 3.8.
Unless they have crippled this for the ineos red then this should be fine also.

Ill put a post on the cerec doctors site and see if i can get a def answer on this and let you know.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
official line from Cerec Doctors site:

"Both redcam and compact milling unit are supported by the 3.8 software"

This is refering to the chairside cameras, but i think its fair to say that if it works in chairside redcam then ineos red will also be supported.

Buccal bite also works with redcam also.

sounds like pattersons techs dont have a clue what there talking about.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Did you install the proper drivers for the scanner?

You could copy them from old computer.

Hello?

It's just like any printer/scanner. You have to manualy install the drivers. Did you actually do that yet?

You may also try copying the calibration files, or look for a back-up calibration file from old computer,

Last edited:
kev

kev

Reaction score
Paul,
Has 3.8 been released yet?
I thought the latest version of the Cerec software was 3.7 for the bluecam.
If I am understanding you correctly, 3.8 has not been released but will be compatible with the red cams and 3.7 is only for the bluecams??

P

paulg100

Reaction score
3.8 is due out may/june, so any time now. 3.8 will work with the chairside red so im pretty sure it will support ineos red also. I see no reson why they would cripple the ineos red, if they do there will be uproar.

I think 3.7 was released especially for the ineos blue.

Lot of new stuff in it but still no sign of the things that i feel it is badly missing which are:

Automatic block out of undercuts (not by changing the path of image capture as this does nothing for multi unit work where preps are not parrellel)

Ability to design multiple restorations at once.

Last edited:
kev

kev

Reaction score
Cerec new PC requirements 64 bit system

Hey Paul,
Do you know what is the actual PC requirements are for the new 64bit system? And do you know whether the old parallel port AK dongles will work with the new Blue scanner?

P

paulg100

Reaction score
sorry i dont know the pc requirements.

there have been doctors asking if 3.8 will run on their redcam hardware and the answer was yes, although it mabey a little slow.

In my book this means no, as the software is all ready slow enough! so an upgrade will probably be in order. I am waiting to get the official specs from sirona before we upgrade, what with all the talk of locking the software to sirona custom bios etc.

Otherwise im gonna throw a nice i7 rig together and overclock it.
One interesting thing i was playing around with the otherday was if an SSD drive would speed up inlab at all, when loading in/out designs and using quadrant mode. Sadly it made next to no difference.

If you have the old unlimited dongle then as far as i am aware, sirona should exchange this for a USB model FOC when needed.

Last edited:
joonya

joonya

Reaction score
The 3.8 software runs fine on win7 64 bit, but getting a redcam to cooperate with it. XP mode lends no help, as it still runs through the primary OS to access the hardware, necessitating a 64bit driver for the ineos red (to the best of my knowledge) I just built a new pc with an i7 and 8gb ram and an nvidia gtx460 gpu. I want it to work, but I'm yet to figure out how to make it happen. I would love to manually install a driver if I knew where to find a 64 bit driver for the redcam.

I'm also running into issues with my 3Shape system because of the 64 bit crap as well. Where the heck are the drivers? What kind of cad software/hardware manufacturer would limit the capabilities of their own systems like this? I agree with the above post about Sirona's seemingly planned obsolescence of the redcam. I agree that the blue is better and faster, but the red isn't inaccurate enough or slow enough to justify spending 20K or so on an upgrade I don't really need. The 3shape scanner seems to have some kind of compatibility issue with MSI motherboards, which I find strange, but it works fine on any 32bit PC I have as long as it's not running on an MSI. ...Some sort of usb conflict.

K

Kid

Reaction score
redcam on a windows 7 64-bit system

No way you get the ineos red running on a windows 7 64-bit system.
I have tried this before, was really looking forward to gain lots of power and speed and at the same time prepare the system for (a maybe later to buy) ineos blue.:)

Virtually everything runs fine (inlab version 3.84).
Unfortunately there was still one thing that I did not think was possible: The special redcam firewire (1394) intek driver is not designed to run on windows 7, especially not on the 64-bit version. It took me hours to locate the problem. I called Sirona at Benzheim to learn that they did and will not develop a windows 7 firewire driver. Only the ineos blue (that does not need the firewire connection) runs on windows 7.:mad:

So the only options seem to be:
Develop a driver oneself :confused:, or use a virtual xp to run the ineos red.

joonya

joonya

Reaction score
Virtual XP still has to run through the 64bit OS to communicate with the hardware, as far as I know, so that still won't solve our problem. This planned obsolescence is really getting frustrating. Sirona needs to stop spending a billion dollars a day on full front page ads and pay someone to make us 64bit drivers. It seems they would rather force us to buy the bluecam instead.

Top Bottom