EXOCAD Hole 'ALL THE WAY THROUGH' Function (NOT AVAILABLE ON SECOND PC/DONGLE)

T

thewhitelab

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We have just recently purchased and set up another EXOCAD dongle so we can get twice as much design work done!

It's been great having the extra dongle but for some reason there is no hole all the way through attachment like on our main PC?

We used the same installer and it's the same version (2.2 Valletta) so I'm not too sure why it isn't available.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix this problem? :rolleyes:Banghead

Thanks,

Zac
The White Lab

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We have just recently purchased and set up another EXOCAD dongle so we can get twice as much design work done!

It's been great having the extra dongle but for some reason there is no hole all the way through attachment like on our main PC?

We used the same installer and it's the same version (2.2 Valletta) so I'm not too sure why it isn't available.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix this problem? :rolleyes:Banghead

Thanks,

Zac
The White Lab
Hey Zac, I don't have the answer, but here's how to find the answer.

Get the xml file for both machines and then run this against them to see the differences. It will show you everything down to each space that is different between file1 and file2. Don't misunderstand, it will not show you what is in file2 that is in file1, only one way comaprassion at a time.

Use the original pc file as the first file and the new one as the second.

Run this in the CMD shell or batch file:

FC file1 file2

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Default settings xml file for DentalCadApp is the same in both installations?

Are you cutting the hole after the top and bottom of the crown is merged?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks,

Zac
The White Lab
Hey Zac, I don't have the answer, but here's how to find the answer.

Get the xml file for both machines and then run this against them to see the differences. It will show you everything down to each space that is different between file1 and file2. Don't misunderstand, it will not show you what is in file2 that is in file1, only one way comaprassion at a time.

Use the original pc file as the first file and the new one as the second.

Run this in the CMD shell or batch file:

FC file1 file2
I needed to say, if you don't know what you are doing or what I mean. Don't do this!

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
we don't have this function in any of our versions. what gives?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
we have one from origin (older build),2.2/2.3 from prime and Nobel version as well.
I have no idea about the Nobel version, but Prime definitely has it available that's what I use.

This option only becomes available after the crown top and bottom are merged.
When you are finished with the design, switch to expert mode. Select ATT, click allow any changes, select Remove, select extrude, choose the shape you want and scale it to the diameter and the length you need to cut from occlusal surface through crown bottom. Click apply.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
this was it in the past maybe some resellers deleted

Attachments

• Schirmfoto_2017-04-10_043216.jpg
    Schirmfoto_2017-04-10_043216.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 18
harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
oh. thank you. I've only looked to do it before merging.

I have no idea about the Nobel version, but Prime definitely has it available that's what I use.
View attachment 32428

When you are finished with the design, switch to expert mode. Select ATT, click allow any changes, select Remove, select extrude, choose the shape you want and scale it to the diameter and the length you need to cut from occlusal surface through crown bottom. Click apply.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score

ah, this is different than what I was thinking of. is there a way to put in a perfect cylindrical hole as an attachment (something like 3shape) instead of manually manipulating it this way? the hole isn't so clean.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
ah, this is different than what I was thinking of. is there a way to put in a perfect cylindrical hole as an attachment (something like 3shape) instead of manually manipulating it this way? the hole isn't so clean.
If you cut the hole after the top and bottom are merged you should get a clean cut. If you free form after cutting the mesh gets a little wonky.