Cerec connect

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi,

At the moment I am working on another cad cam system, I already have milling machine (zirkonzahn)

I want start receive cerec digital files from local dentist.
So I can purchase more older ver like 3.8 inlab software and can I start receive files?
And does 3.8 inlab software has built in cerec connect portal?
And 3.8 inlab can work with dentists who already updated himself with more newer ver?

My local dentist updated himself to new version and now it has .dxd file format. Can inlab 3.8 work with this type of file or with more older intraoral scanners that can save their scans in .cdt file format?

Regards.

G

goku_zirconia

Reaction score
Well no one wants to help this guy out...cause no one likes cerec. Well dude from what I've heard you won't be able to accept cases from a Dr who has an updated version when you only have an older version. At least thats what support told me awhile ago. But dont let me stop you. Take the extra step and call them Sirona support is 800-659-5977 or Patterson support is 800-475-5036. They will have the answers you need.

K

Kristopher Devers

Reaction score
All I know is that when I had the newer chairside version and older inlab software I couldn't go from one to the other until I had the most current versions. I don't think the numbers match up either.....I believe the inlab number is smaller for the newest version.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes you will have to update but you also have a few kinds of hoops you need to jump through. This will depend on your cad setup. With s3 have you need the all scans model builder to enable .3se import. Then you need to ensure the doc is outputting .3se as format instead of traditional .dxd from the connect portal. So you have some work to do before either of you are ready for this.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I hate Sirona with a passion.

While I have ALL Scans that should allow me to do just about anything I still have to buy in to their Sh!tware.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
3.8x inLab software is older and very basic, the same for the 3.8x scanning software. 3.8x works for .cdt format only, not .dxd and the connect software will not work with a Dr on the newer software, its completely different.

The newer Sirona/Cerec software are a lot better to design in but you need to purchase dongles and other costly upgrades usdually

CEREC = $$$

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
Alright. So our 3Shape has the module to allow us to import .3se files. The doctor who wants to send us cases has Sirona connect software. All he wants to have to do is send the scans to us without fussing with email, Dropbox, or anything like that. He just wants to get connected to our lab and hit the send button.

So, realistically... what does my lab need to be able to connect to their connect software, take their file (they're using Cerec 4.4, I'm not sure what file type it's going to spit out),and get a .3se file? inlab 15? Is that all I'd need? Is that something we need a license for?

I told him if he updated to Cerec 4.5, he'd be able to export .stl files and stick them in Dropbox, which would make my life so much easier, but he'd rather not mess with that quite yet, since it apparently has 'bugs.' Sirona is just one giant bug if you ask me

My boss would really like to have this doctor as one of our clients, but he and his Cerec are inseparable. How do I make this happen? Sorry, I know this has been asked so many times. I can't get a clear idea of how people are actually solving this problem.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
gotta by the inlab software. There is no way around it

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Alright. So our 3Shape has the module to allow us to import .3se files. The doctor who wants to send us cases has Sirona connect software. All he wants to have to do is send the scans to us without fussing with email, Dropbox, or anything like that. He just wants to get connected to our lab and hit the send button.

So, realistically... what does my lab need to be able to connect to their connect software, take their file (they're using Cerec 4.4, I'm not sure what file type it's going to spit out),and get a .3se file? inlab 15? Is that all I'd need? Is that something we need a license for?

I told him if he updated to Cerec 4.5, he'd be able to export .stl files and stick them in Dropbox, which would make my life so much easier, but he'd rather not mess with that quite yet, since it apparently has 'bugs.' Sirona is just one giant bug if you ask me

My boss would really like to have this doctor as one of our clients, but he and his Cerec are inseparable. How do I make this happen? Sorry, I know this has been asked so many times. I can't get a clear idea of how people are actually solving this problem.
this is an unrealistic expectation.

either he sits down and plays with his export function on the cerec to send you stl files, or he can go scan his rectum, or he can buy you the cerec inlab kit.

in order to send .3se files and have them readable theres needs to exist a software infrastructure to make that work. that costs money you know. its called the cerec inlab software, which one of you needs to pay sirona for. you are as we say here in Canada, Hooped. screwed.

for one client, for tiny cases, or for terrible scans like my doctors used to give me, its a waste of resources and time.

tell him he and 5 more docs need to band together to put in 2k each to get you the software and you'll consider it.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Last I heard, it isn't just the software here in the U.S. you will need, you have to buy the Sirona Scanner (30k+) to even get the software. They won't sell the software separate. However, they change their minds every week, so who knows what it is this week.

Sarah Downs

Sarah Downs

Reaction score
this is an unrealistic expectation.

either he sits down and plays with his export function on the cerec to send you stl files, or he can go scan his rectum, or he can buy you the cerec inlab kit.

in order to send .3se files and have them readable theres needs to exist a software infrastructure to make that work. that costs money you know. its called the cerec inlab software, which one of you needs to pay sirona for. you are as we say here in Canada, Hooped. screwed.

for one client, for tiny cases, or for terrible scans like my doctors used to give me, its a waste of resources and time.

tell him he and 5 more docs need to band together to put in 2k each to get you the software and you'll consider it.

God, would to be able to tell someone to scan their rectum and leave it at that. Laugh

As it happens, we have a sister lab who has the Sirona software needed to convert the files, so we're outsourcing to them for file conversion, then having the files sent to us for finishing. Considering asking we charge extra... but that's not my call to make.

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
We purchased All-scan with our 3shape scanner so we can import sironia/ cerac files. It is possible to do with the newest version, however they are not making it easy. They would prefer the 3000 fee yearly to ransom the files. We sucessfully got a file from one of our doctors through an email of stl. I think. They cant remember how they did it. I have a new doctor that wants to send files to test, but he cant figure it out. Does anyone have any knowledge of who might have this info?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
use sirona connect software it will cost but if you want his work you will have to pay.he will need to have updated his software so he can export stls also. just like 3 shape you need portal software its a bitch.the new primescan is supposed to do away with the connect software but knowing sh!trona there will be a catch somewhere.More and more of my clients are getting intra oral scanners but they arent buying trios or sirona they are getting open scanners like carestream and medit.

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
The sironia connect costs $3000 yearly! I just want try out a few crowns and see if the quality of the scans done with our milling machine is high enough quality and low enough cost before I offer it as a product line. They told me the Dr. can email the file to us. The doctor sent a gigantic file which did not appear to have any stl file. I had a computer tech at CAP view it online for me and he said he is not allowed to get into this stuff, but he did not believe it contained the information I need. Does anyone know of a computer tech that is knowledgeable in this area?

Top Bottom