CCards and PreAuth limits

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Do you run into a offices credit card needing pre-authorization often?
I just today had it happen for the first time and had to call the processing support line to find out what the output code actually meant.

Do you call the office before running the card to get them to call the bank if it's a good chance it will hit their soft limit? Or just wait till it does and then handle it?

doug

doug

Reaction score
We run all of the CC first Tuesday of the month, but not if the first day of the month is Tuesday. I don't call to ask, we just do it. If it gets denied we call the doc and let them know. I have the office provide signed authorization, a form I provide them, so that we avoid any problems. BTW, I use Card Connect for processing and have had no problems or unusual fees.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We run all of the CC first Tuesday of the month, but not if the first day of the month is Tuesday. I don't call to ask, we just do it. If it gets denied we call the doc and let them know. I have the office provide signed authorization, a form I provide them, so that we avoid any problems. BTW, I use Card Connect for processing and have had no problems or unusual fees.
Yeah, I have a signed authorization form allowing me to run it, but he'd just never ran up that much at once before.
I'm doing good with my direct through Tsys solution, but thanks much.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I saw some people recommend some merchant processing companies before but when I look at the BBB, they have many complaints. I will ask for input on some new ones I thought would be good for say 10-15k a month in card charges with keyed entry as I only get 1 physical card. I looked at Square, but they are 3.5% and .15$ transaction fee. I also waited 15mins to talk to rep and hung up pnly to find you cannot talk to anyone and that was major BBB complaint. I then looked at Fattmerchant and they charge 99$ mo. subscription and then interchange fee from card companies and .15 cents trans charge. Current interchange run about 1.65-1.7% so that looked pretty good. I have to get rid of mine as the last statement it was 6.7%n of receipts. I have told offices I offer a 1.5%discount if they pay with check and some took that. I am ready to not accept but we all know who the boss is, the customer. Your 2 cents>

Top Bottom