Straumann headache! Please help with alternatives.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have signed up an account with Straumann, an year ago against their reputation of customer NO service. I had a new dentist I needed the work and all he does is Straumann.
Tried to contact at the beginning the territory sales rep she answered, next I was stupefied she was not returning my phone calls. I started to deal directly with the people in the processing department. All was good until three weeks ago when I had a remake. Let's say nobody's fault. I have sent the case and the original parts back, they charged me for the remake too, you have no control with them what they do once they have your credit card there. No way to track your shipping to your lab too. Not yet (maybe never) given a credit back, (promised though) and whoever I try to call in the company they have no clue. I understand I am being double charged and planning on not sending them nothing and feel helpless against a company that nobody can help you when you need.
Question: anybody help with an info of a company that makes hybrid implants?
I really appreciate,
Manny

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have signed up an account with Straumann, an year ago against their reputation of customer NO service. I had a new dentist I needed the work and all he does is Straumann.
Tried to contact at the beginning the territory sales rep she answered, next I was stupefied she was not returning my phone calls. I started to deal directly with the people in the processing department. All was good until three weeks ago when I had a remake. Let's say nobody's fault. I have sent the case and the original parts back, they charged me for the remake too, you have no control with them what they do once they have your credit card there. No way to track your shipping to your lab too. Not yet (maybe never) given a credit back, (promised though) and whoever I try to call in the company they have no clue. I understand I am being double charged and planning on not sending them nothing and feel helpless against a company that nobody can help you when you need.
I really appreciate,
Manny

I'm sure Nobel would mill you a Straumann as well as Argen and many more others will suggest.
You should also post this on as many social media dental sites as possible.You would be surprised by the many other techs that could corroborate your story.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I really appreciate,
Manny
Everything was good until you had a remake that they are expecting you to pay for? You left out the cause of the remake? “Let’s say nobody’s fault”?? It was somebody’s fault.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Does your reps name start with a "T"?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Atlantis makes custom abutments and custom bases for hyrbrid crowns on Straumann implants. I have done hundreds of cases with them. Their customer service is excellent and they focus on taking care of the lab first.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Everyone makes straumann compatible parts, even nobel sells them. Elos, nt trading, dess, medentika, blue sky bio, everyone has them.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
zirkonzahn raw abutments are great every time ive tried dealing with straumann it ends up being too hard so i order stock part from them only like variobase and the rest i mill myself the whole voiding warranty thing with them doesnt effect me anymore and most of my clients dont care about the straumann threats anymore either. on a side note ive hard more vario bases break than any other brand of Ti base abutment

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
If you are in teh USA I can help you. Please call us anytime at 855 337 7872 or email us at [email protected] and we will direct you to one of milling partners that can provide you the restoration you desire.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Atlantis makes custom abutments and custom bases for hyrbrid crowns on Straumann implants. I have done hundreds of cases with them. Their customer service is excellent and they focus on taking care of the lab first.
Its interesting because every time I checked and called Atlantis they say they don't ever do an Atlantis hybrid abutment. Just all zirconia. So when I had the request from a dentist for such a thing, Straumann said yes, variobase + zerion zirconia part on Atlantis.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
zirkonzahn raw abutments are great every time ive tried dealing with straumann it ends up being too hard so i order stock part from them only like variobase and the rest i mill myself the whole voiding warranty thing with them doesnt effect me anymore and most of my clients dont care about the straumann threats anymore either. on a side note ive hard more vario bases break than any other brand of Ti base abutment
I don't have a scanner and a milling machine but I will one day, I'd love to scan design and mill my cases but their number don't justify yet the cost. I will look into ZirconZahn, Thanks

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Everyone makes straumann compatible parts, even nobel sells them. Elos, nt trading, dess, medentika, blue sky bio, everyone has them.
I just found out that everyone makes them, ok, somebody has to scan and design and mill the zirconia part that I need in order to be a hybrid. I just learned that my local Zubler can help me with this, it would be a breeze.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
I don't own a scanner, a milling machine yet, my numbers don't justify the cost now. I started this thread with the hope to find alternatives to Straumann. I don't want to bad mouth them, everyone who dealt with them understands my frustration. I am too little to fight with them, My only power is not to do business with them. If this will be useful to someone that goes thru same, I am glad. With your help, your answers, I will make a list of companies that can help and I'll list it. Thanks

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I don't own a scanner, a milling machine yet, my numbers don't justify the cost now. I started this thread with the hope to find alternatives to Straumann. I don't want to bad mouth them, everyone who dealt with them understands my frustration. I am too little to fight with them, My only power is not to do business with them. If this will be useful to someone that goes thru same, I am glad. With your help, your answers, I will make a list of companies that can help and I'll list it. Thanks
Don't concentrate on your production numbers as a deciding factor to get or not to get a scanner. I used to think like this. For me scanner equals larger volume and easier life in my lab for me.

W

Willard

Reaction score
Don't concentrate on your production numbers as a deciding factor to get or not to get a scanner. I used to think like this. For me scanner equals larger volume and easier life in my lab for me.
Don't concentrate on your production numbers as a deciding factor to get or not to get a scanner. I used to think like this. For me scanner equals larger volume and easier life in my lab for me.[/Q
Totally agree beg borrow or steal
Get a scanner you will not regret if you want to stay in this business. It will help you so much and take you new levels.
Lots of help here on what to choose.

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
Totally agree beg borrow or steal
Get a scanner you will not regret if you want to stay in this business. It will help you so much and take you new levels.
Lots of help here on what to choose.
Thanks, I know this is my next step, to buy the scanner in the very near future. But I guess this is a new topic...

Manny

Manny

Reaction score
I will get one. Now that you pointed this idea out I keep thinking it's time and I only have to decide which one. I only focus on better equipment even if almost all see most of all are made in China. Any ideas? Maybe another topic...

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
We are a 3shape lab. 3shape is not cheap. 3shape works and as long as you get it from a reseller that has great tech support, it is well worth it. Some others on here swear by exocad. I feel like exocad is like the Android of scanners where 3shape is like the Apple of scanners. Both work great and they are probably the two best systems to get into. Exocad is cheaper, but I think it requires more expertise on your end, while 3shape is pricier, but it is easier to pick up and use than Exocad(these are my general feelings from posts here on the DLN. i have no experience with exocad).

Whichever system you go with, make sure you get it from a reseller that has great tech support. We bought ours from Ivoclar. Their tech support was outstanding. Ivoclar doesn's sell scanners anymore and now Core3D is our tech support provider. They use the same people for their tech support so I haven't seen any difference in the support I get and am very happy. There are other resellers that offer great tech support also. I can't stress how important this is when you decide which system to buy and who you buy it from. Good Luck!