CBCT wich one?

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will buy a CBCT scan for my implant practice.

I have to choose between CS 8100 3D and Planmeca ProOne 3Ds.

Which one???

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Are you a Dentist or a Lab? I ask because if you're a Dentist I would ask your lab what scanner software they have because a lot of the CBCT software can be integrated into the lab software where you or the lab can design the cases right on the screen and go right to a milling machine to make a implant surgical guide. Therefore, you're placing the implants where the bone density is the best and also the best location for a definitive prosthesis.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
I am a dentist. Both CBCT scans have build in impression and stone model scan.
The CS 8100 3d has FOV of scan 8x8, and the Planmeca 3ds FOV is 5x5 /9x8 with stitching sofware function/.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Still need more info (sorry). What are you planning on using it for?...(i.e. implant placement, cephlometrics, TMD, ortho) Are you planning on doing referrals as well, having patients from other Dentists office be scanned? Do you have room in your office for this? Do you have a Cerec machine, I ask because of the compatibility with Planmeca.

nsitnov

nsitnov

Reaction score
I need it for placing implants more accurately. I have a spare room for placing the CBCT. In my town there are no other CBCT machine so all the dentists are welcome to scan.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I need it for placing implants more accurately. I have a spare room for placing the CBCT. In my town there are no other CBCT machine so all the dentists are welcome to scan.
Sounds like a great opportunity for referrals, just not for implant placement but for everything else (tumors, joint issues, surgery issues, etc..) You probably could get some great referrals and provide a great added service to your community. We have been looking (as a lab) into buying one as well because there is no Docs in the surrounding area that has one. However, I live in Michigan and Michigan is the worse pain in the ass when it comes to getting the radiological licensing to get one. As for yourself, it really comes down to who you want to align with as it comes to the lab prosthesis. The CS 8100 is nice and most labs are capable of producing models, surgical guides, and custom abutments, even temp abutments and a temp prosthesis for immediate loading could be provided at time of placement, however the price of the digital workflow might surprise you. As for the Planmeca, its nice but set up for more in office with Sirona's Cerec system. I haven't looked at the costs of each system but are they pretty close to one another?

R

Radu

Reaction score
We have the Planmeca 3d mid and it is great. No idea about CS.

G

Glassman

Reaction score
The Planmeca comes with Romexis which has a implant planning module available as well as the ability to merge IO scans for soft tissue.

D

Drewp1203

Reaction score
Morita r100 is the best on the market! Gives the clearest image and has a unique scout setting which saves a lot of time getting the right image at lowest possible dose.

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Is there any acurate enough CBCT to get prety good image and generated STL files of teeth for prosthesis production? For example crowns and inlays on preparated teeth or on implants? Have tryed using data from White Fox Acteon but it lacks a bit of generated surface details.