castable abutment

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
dentist give me castable abutment -he will 5 e-max crown screw retained- on implants-how do you manage this- i d'ont have a press furnace- i make the e-max crown by cad-cam and i think than i will open on occlusal to have access to the screw?

W

Willard

Reaction score
What software?
In 3 shape use attachments choose holes
Don’t enforce min thickness

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
dentist give me castable abutment -he will 5 e-max crown screw retained- on implants-how do you manage this- i d'ont have a press furnace- i make the e-max crown by cad-cam and i think than i will open on occlusal to have access to the screw?
If I understand you correctly, you will have to cast the UCLA first, with a high gold alloy (I assume you refer to it as capable abutment).

Then proceed like you would with a Ti base. Scan and mill the emax crown and then cement it onto the casted abutment.

Edited to make it more understandable...

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
What software?
In 3 shape use attachments choose holes
Don’t enforce min thickness
If I understand you correctly, you will have to cast the UCLA first, with a high gold alloy (I assume you refer to it as capable abutment).

Then proceed like you would with a Ti base. Scan and mill the emax crown and then cement it onto the casted abutment.

my software is dentalwings i have not the option using attachments choose holes

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score

the castable abutment are entirely full plastic!!! i cast the UCLA with non precious metal(cr-co)i will scan this and mill the e-max and grind on occlusal the hole for the screw
the brand of the implants are resista and i d'ont find scan body for this brand

doug

doug

Reaction score
You sure you didn't get a temp abutment from the doc? How are you going to accurately control the expansion of the interface during the casting? The interface should be metal, they suggest using a higher content gold alloy so it will bond to the base. I'd wax the abutment to a prep design, cast it, opaque it, scan and design a crown to fit, with a screw hole in it, then cement it to the abutment and ship it out.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
You sure you didn't get a temp abutment from the doc? How are you going to accurately control the expansion of the interface during the casting? The interface should be metal, they suggest using a higher content gold alloy so it will bond to the base. I'd wax the abutment to a prep design, cast it, opaque it, scan and design a crown to fit, with a screw hole in it, then cement it to the abutment and ship it out.
it is a normal castable abutment without metal base not temp abutment- the dentist d'ont want cement the e-max on the abutment -he will have a screw retained e-max

doug

doug

Reaction score
Take photos of the process, I'm curious. Thx!

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
the castable abutment are entirely full plastic!!! i cast the UCLA with non precious metal(cr-co)i will scan this and mill the e-max and grind on occlusal the hole for the screw
the brand of the implants are resista and i d'ont find scan body for this brand
I'd never use base metal for implants...galvanic reactions. As for your emax, make like normal and before crystallization cut an access hole.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I'd never use base metal for implants...galvanic reactions. As for your emax, make like normal and before crystallization cut an access hole.
Well, I guess you know the answer to why the Dr. sends a plastic UCLA and wants the OP to use base metal... there is a $300 deifference between this solution and doing it the “proper” way.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
His software may offer him the option to punch a hole, in the designing stage.
no software dental wings d'ont offer the option to punch a hole contraluz i think you have right i although think that is a economic reason instead of doing it the proper way

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
no software dental wings d'ont offer the option to punch a hole contraluz i think you have right i although think that is a economic reason instead of doing it the proper way
i will send you photos of the process!

W

Willard

Reaction score
Sorry l completely lost the fact you said castable
Abutment.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
when you scan the abutment put a wax wire in the channel that will give you a hole in the crown. Also why don't you use ti temp. cylinders if you don't have a ti base. Saves you a lot of time. Castable for singles ( engaging) are very difficult to work with, very hard to reproduce those geometries especially if using NP. He wants to save money making your life harder.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
when you scan the abutment put a wax wire in the channel that will give you a hole in the crown. Also why don't you use ti temp. cylinders if you don't have a ti base. Saves you a lot of time. Castable for singles ( engaging) are very difficult to work with, very hard to reproduce those geometries especially if using NP. He wants to save money making your life harder.
i d'ont have ti temp.cylinder dentist give me pieces to work with" your words are great and right " He wants to save money making my life harder
a other work with this dentist and castable abutment _DSC1511_701.jpg _DSC1511_701.jpg _DSC1511_701.jpg _DSC1539_703.jpg _DSC1539_703.jpg _DSC1511_701.jpg _DSC1539_703.jpg _DSC1540_704.jpg _DSC1511_701.jpg _DSC1539_703.jpg _DSC1540_704.jpg _DSC9932_702.jpg

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Nice work. Your abutment interfaces look fine. It seems you have the casting figured out...;)

On a very different note, you should talk to your dentist about implant placement and the resulting 'ridge lap' design of the crowns.

D1X06

D1X06

Reaction score
Nice work. Your abutment interfaces look fine. It seems you have the casting figured out...;)

On a very different note, you should talk to your dentist about implant placement and the resulting 'ridge lap' design of the crowns.
it is very difficult to talk to dentist for bad implant placement- they d'ont like
i am frenchman and i learned the job in germany for long years
what does it means master of the dark arts of casting?