Calcitek Implant screw loose

M

Mike9528

Reaction score
Does anyone have the tool to tighten it? Or where can I get one. I am getting the run around and I just want to tighten it up a little

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If memory serves (not so reliable lately) it's a 0.050 hex driver

T

TX-2th-guy

Reaction score
Yes. The calcitek’s implant screw is a 0.05”hex.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
My 2 cents only, any loose screw that was in function for a while, I almost always order a new one because I don't want
to risk a broken screw. If not replace with new one straight away, will ask pt to come back to replace with new one.
A lot less headache than if one breaks in the implant later and did not offer to replace with new one. And try to identify
a reason it got loose in the first place.
LCM

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My 2 cents only, any loose screw that was in function for a while, I almost always order a new one because I don't want
to risk a broken screw. If not replace with new one straight away, will ask pt to come back to replace with new one.
A lot less headache than if one breaks in the implant later and did not offer to replace with new one. And try to identify
a reason it got loose in the first place.
LCM

Chances are, the opposing is hitting an interfering cusp or cups ridge and rocking it loose over time, to steep of an occlusion?

This post even comes complete with the matching song, for your amusement and pleasure, and best of all, at N/C :)

S

Soniq

Reaction score
Does anyone have the tool to tighten it? Or where can I get one. I am getting the run around and I just want to tighten it up a little
You would contact Zimmer for Calcitek replacement screws. 800-854-7019
Do you know specifically which Calcitek implant it is?

Darwin

M

Mike9528

Reaction score
Chances are, the opposing is hitting an interfering cusp or cups ridge and rocking it loose over time, to steep of an occlusion?

This post even comes complete with the matching song, for your amusement and pleasure, and best of all, at N/C

Thanks for the advise