CAD denture

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
So this might not be in the right section of the forum but this is the discipline that I hope gives the answer I am interested in.
One of my dental suppliers sent me a flyer about scanners that are on sale so I called them to get some information about them. Their answer is to scan finished work so that I can reproduce the denture when the manufacturer end catches up. Is this realistic?
If milling or printing is not yet perfected can I produce a denture in wax or some other material and still invest it and process in a conventional way to deliver predictable results?
I’m looking for some opinions here folks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Intra oral scanner I assume. Make sur it's powderless.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yes, absolutely. digitize the finished product and the cast, then when it comes time to replace the denture its a simple process of working backwards to re-create. you can have the model printed, and the denture printed and do matrixes to get it to line up, or you have digitizers also inject the 3rd step which will be subtracting the model from the digitized denture, to replicate preliminary gum tissue and give you a thing you can immediately invest and start setting teeth.

whoever you buy a scanner from, get them to walk you through how you will want it to be used.

if you don't have any great ideas about its uses, maybe its not time for you.