Cad/cam milled crowns. Accuracy without models?

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
If the dr decides to use intraoral scanner to send milling to a mill center, then how does a milling center achieve the perfect contacts, occlusions and such? I know that 3shape software is good and all but still, is it enough so that what you design is exactly what you get?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
quaeris amicum

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
quaeris amicum

Im sorry but I live in New Zealand and there is only one milling centre. Digital scanning is also obsolete. So how can I 'quaeris amicum' when no one knows the answer to the question I am asking?

CB93

CB93

Reaction score
Im sorry but I live in New Zealand and there is only one milling centre. Digital scanning is also obsolete. So how can I 'quaeris amicum' when no one knows the answer to the question I am asking?

Yes. cad/cam is accurate enough to go model free. I do it every day

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
quaeris amicum
RNV3k1z.jpg

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score

so...umm...

1. if you've been offended, sorry.

2. search is your friend = quaeris amicum

3. interwebz = DLN = search function on this site....

A bit of a dag mate! - I'm the whole sheep's arse

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Lava Ultimate is an ideal product for modeless restorations.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
digital scanning is obsolete ... when did this happen ?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Lava Ultimate is an ideal product for modeless restorations.
Why is that? We do full Zr and milled Emax all day long. Lava ultimate isn't that great of a material IMHO. It's a high priced temporary material that probably won't ever get popular.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
If the dr decides to use intraoral scanner to send milling to a mill center, then how does a milling center achieve the perfect contacts, occlusions and such? I know that 3shape software is good and all but still, is it enough so that what you design is exactly what you get?
The easiest way I have found is to do the first couple cases in house with models. Just use them to verify fit, contact, and occlusion. Don't charge your doctor or really even tell them you have models. Once you are satisfied with the settings, go full model-less.

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
digital scanning is obsolete ... when did this happen ?

Haha, I meant that NZ is so underdeveloped and market is 5-10 years behind. So there is no digital scanning for a long time to come.
I just want to prepare for the future. It seems that undertaking similar strategies such as CAP is the way to go.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If there is no digital scanning then why not be the first to offer it?...sounds like you would have a 5-10 year head start.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
we are only as good as the information we have to work with! I say that because when a doc sends you a sh!t file where you can't read the margins, then they get back sh!t!! I've done minimal work with digital impressions, and really only with itero and tru def. itero is by far the better scan(plus I'm not marking margins) and tru def you might as well shoot yourself in the face! I think I'm going f'n crazy with these 3D glasses I have to wear to see the dam margin! And if you're getting treos, better pray that it's the new color scanner with HD anything but, I seem to find impossible to read a margin.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
I have experience with red, blue, omni, e4d, true-def, Lava cos. They all are only as good as the operator. Nothing more nothing less. One thing that consistently stink are printed models. I have not used the mp 3500 yet but none of what I have seen are good enough for consistent results, I think the model-less workflow is the only predictable option but requires VERY specific case selection and the technique has to be very specific. IE cerec style preparations;( This technology is still beta and we are still the guinea pigs as usual.

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
I have experience with red, blue, omni, e4d, true-def, Lava cos. They all are only as good as the operator. Nothing more nothing less. One thing that consistently stink are printed models. I have not used the mp 3500 yet but none of what I have seen are good enough for consistent results, I think the model-less workflow is the only predictable option but requires VERY specific case selection and the technique has to be very specific. IE cerec style preparations;( This technology is still beta and we are still the guinea pigs as usual.

Ceram1, Why is that printed models stink? Ive been pondering about this for years now and with 15-25 micron layers it should definitely be accurate enough.
Do you think its the settings? Or is 20 microns just not good enough?

C

chromecobalt

Reaction score
If there is no digital scanning then why not be the first to offer it?...sounds like you would have a 5-10 year head start.

CadCrowns, I am trying to put all my thoughts together and prepare for the future.

The Ideal laboratory I have in mind is that it needs to be full digital similar to what CAP has setup.
However I just want to make 'impression scanning' work along with 3d printer for printing out models. I just feel that for a full digital setup, there needs to be some sort of system that is able to print models with 99.9% accuracy or else I would never be able to restore with custom ceramic build ups.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
Ceram1, Why is that printed models stink? Ive been pondering about this for years now and with 15-25 micron layers it should definitely be accurate enough.
Do you think its the settings? Or is 20 microns just not good enough?
The errors I am referring to are entire missing pieces of margin, layers that are not cured together adequately, cannot see proper micro-details in the surface morphology, rinky dink atrticulaton, inconsistent universal bases and so on. Imho its just not there for those of us who want to set ourselves appart. I can do a great job on one of these models and not deliver any better fit than some hack lab. Luckily we know and adapt to some of these challenges by creating workarounds but thrse workflow s need mucho refinement. In theory I am a huge fan of the process just not the results. And all of this is after the Dr may or may not have given us a decent scan no mater the system. Plus cost to play is not cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
In our first month with the Trios ( April) , we did six scans.

3 so far this month. My drs love it and the accuracy is superior.

I have 2 drs that plan to purchase their own this fall.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i am on the cusp of sponsorship...

it is coming...

eventually...

i think...

Top Bottom