CAD and CAM combination output differences?

C

charles007

Reaction score
After reading about all the issues involved with milling your own crowns in this thread, do those of you who are lab owners with milling machines feel you are more productive (more crowns/day) and have fewer issues (occlusion, contacts,etc.) than if you outsourced the scan? In other words, are you producing more crowns in the same amount of time as you were when you outsourced the scans or is dealing with the milling machine increased your overtime?

Great questions PDC: I would like to hear from smaller labs on these questions........... I just bought a sintering oven, haven't sintered yet, and just before buying a mill.......

C

charles007

Reaction score
PDC just started a new thread : Outsourcing vs In-House Milling to answer that question....

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
While I am a real noob to milling one of my main worries prior to purchasing was what the real world numbers were as it relates to actual cases that needed to be remilled for one reason or another. We have had a few cases that were just a bitch but mostly one and done.

Where the most advantage is the speed, same day crowns are amazing, being able to bang a coping fast has saved my ass a few times now.

Playing with milling wax on Friday , I scanned and designed 10 full contour singles in 1.5 hours. I could never hand wax those that fast

amen john, thats what im looking at. large span waxing done on a mill is a HUGE time saver.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
We had a six unit anterior case miss press the other day. Full contour with .6mm facial cutback. Tech picked the wrong press program, 100 gr instead of 200 gr. they were splinted 3 and 3 as well. Simply opened up sum3D, reloaded cad design and went to lunch. Came back, everything milled and ready to invest;) that's something I rarely hear people mention as one of the huuuuuge benefits in house.

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
For example....1.252 (Three digits after decimal) or 20.13% are the same exact thing....one is V ratio (Magnification) the other is Shrinkage expressed in a percentage....

Now...if a crown is 1cm wide (to keep math simple) then show me your math to figure what your talking about with the 4th place after decimal.

This distance is beyond your CAM and resolution of CNC mill...therefor total BS un-neccessary info.

If you have a bridge for a Sperm Whale that is Eight feet long...then maybe. MAYBE!
Hi ***

I need to convert V ratio (Magnification) to Shrinkage expressed in a percentage. How do I do that? multiply by 16.0785?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
1/1. 250=0. 8
1-0.8=0. 2 ( or 20% )

...or something like that...dunno...:confused:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We had a six unit anterior case miss press the other day. Full contour with .6mm facial cutback. Tech picked the wrong press program, 100 gr instead of 200 gr. they were splinted 3 and 3 as well. Simply opened up sum3D, reloaded cad design and went to lunch. Came back, everything milled and ready to invest;) that's something I rarely hear people mention as one of the huuuuuge benefits in house.

Although time is saved in house, any failures from outsourcing are on the milling centers's dime.

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
Hi ***

I need to convert V ratio (Magnification) to Shrinkage expressed in a percentage. How do I do that? multiply by 16.0785?
Hi ***

I need to know how you got from 1.252 magnification to 20.13% shrinking.
PLS help me

D

davidnel212

Reaction score
1/1. 250=0. 8
1-0.8=0. 2 ( or 20% )

...or something like that...dunno...:confused:

(Ef-1) /ef x100

That is the correct way to convert EF to Magnification Factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom