Broken screw

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
Anybody have any info on removing broking screws in a hybrid in the mouth?? I usually use an inverted cone burr and set my handpiece on reverse but is there anything better? Our new prosthodontist I don't think can pull this off and a patient has been in chair for over 3 hours....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
Break off the end of a wooded handled cotton swab. Use the jagged end against the screw head and back it out by hand. Works most times.
Great idea - best thought I've heard about this type of situation in a long time. So simple yet ingenious !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
Break off the end of a wooded handled cotton swab. Use the jagged end against the screw head and back it out by hand. Works most times.
I will have to try that. Thanks [emoji106]

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if that worked?
Well I tried it but it doesn't seem to have worked. Overtightened maybe

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A tiny bit of blue postertak on the end of %instrument% will adapt and adhere. Never had to do it invivo though

smilesatgalleria

smilesatgalleria

Reaction score
To remove broken screw you have to consult with doctor which gives you suggestion about removal.

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
A tiny bit of blue postertak on the end of %instrument% will adapt and adhere. Never had to do it invivo though
These tips are great! I will have to try that also. In mouth is tougher for sure

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
We have a dentist that took an ultrasonic scalier and touched beside the broken screw and it backed out when he touched the right spot.
Seems legit. I will try that too! Thx!

rcamarena38

rcamarena38

Reaction score
To remove broken screw you have to consult with doctor which gives you suggestion about removal.
The Doctor is the one having the issue. I have tried many of these suggestions before and time to time they work great. But if you have no eperience like our prosthodontist and have only been teaching the last 20 years nothing will teach you except trial and error