Branching technique

T

twaite

Reaction score
Hi, is any one doing branching technique or Turbyfill denture?
I'm trying to preserve the master models of my immediate dentures. But, because the teeth are set right onto the stone there is no room for block out material. I can't get the flask back together when I try to add a spacer.
So far I am duplicating the master the fitting the denture to the dup but I would really like to save the master.
I'm thinking of cutting all the teeth on my next one and making a base plate to create space for the block out material, which is rubber sep.
Does any one have any other ideas.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Turbyfill cannot be for immediates....That technique uses a functional impression on a solid baseplate....Then they do a mock lower bite block out of acrylic. The upper teeth are prearranged in a lingualized fashion against the bottom baseplate bite block. The reason for this is that sometimes when correcting the bite from an older set of dentures the tmj is not at optimum retruded when the patient does the first registration...especially when the freeeway space is adjusted. When all contacts of the lingual cusps of the upper denture contact the lower baseplate it is registered again and then sent to the lab....It is a great technique especially for elderly patients.....But I am not a real fan of lingualized occlusion unless its an upper complete against natural lowers or an rpd. I guess since we weren't taught that in school I may never feel comfortable with it for CUD CLD.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I think that fussing over immediates is counterproductive...Grind the teeth off using the law of thirds and you should be okay....The tissues are going to shrink so much and it will be relined with a functional impression later on....several times....and then likely remade after that because the acrylic will be so thick.BTW I have migrated from using Tempo to Tokuyamas softreliner. more expensive but man so easy to get it off the original denture base.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
I think that fussing over immediates is counterproductive...Grind the teeth off using the law of thirds and you should be okay....The tissues are going to shrink so much and it will be relined with a functional impression later on....several times....and then likely remade after that because the acrylic will be so thick.BTW I have migrated from using Tempo to Tokuyamas softreliner. more expensive but man so easy to get it off the original denture base.