BL3 shade?

E

envisiondental

Reaction score
Alright.. just another Saturday night in the lab.. :( .. I just noticed a case due on Monday has a BL3 shade.. I don't have that shade tab.. or guide.. I just have Vita Classic and Vita 3d. I've looked around a bit online and it looks like a b shade but bleached or just a bleached shade.. the doc's asking for a pfm with a porcelain margin or an Emax if theres room. There's quite a bit of clearance so hopefully an Emax B1 lt pellet will get me started.. I have 3g porcelain I use for overlay and using the white enamel I'll be able to get it a bit whiter and some Luster paste to give it some pink or more white or blue.. whatever it's gonna need. ANYWAY.. hopefully I'll be somewhat close.. if anyone has that shade tab and could help me cross reference with Vita classic/or 3d(maybe 3d 0m1-3?) I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks

C

charles007

Reaction score
BL3 almost matches the 3d OM3.......if you place between a OM3 and OM2, its closer to the OM3

Good luck

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Which shade guide is the dr using, the four pc bleach., or the emax tabs? Probably the four pc which in that case in this late hour OM2looks good. The other set of eyes here RDH, leans toward OM1 if emax tabs.
B1 has a lower value.
Do you have SB and A00 powders in 3G? They cross to OM1and OM2. Go half and half over your B1.
Don't want to ask if you have a stump shade.

Same as 007, best of luck.

C

charles007

Reaction score
If I were doing this case, I would do a deep cutback and try to match the BL1 on your wash coat.. Don't know if its better to use a BI or A1 ingot... B1 shade can look very grey, and your looking at a very high value/ white looking BL3.......BL3 has alot of white in it......

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Like Charles said. BL3 is I higher value guide then the 020 and 0M3 guides

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
One of you guys has to be near your shade tabs, give the poor guy a pic.

E

envisiondental

Reaction score
thanks everyone.. I'm just gonna go with the b1 lt.. then with the white overlay I have.. try to get as close to om3 as possible.. is a #19 so I'm not even close to as worried as I would with anything anterior. Thanks for the comments! Can't beat the interwebs... what would I have done 20 years ago...

Top Bottom