Biohorizons Zirconia Custom Abutment

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where (other than Atlantis) I can get a zirconia custom abutment for a Biohorizons Internal 4.5 implant?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Scan the abutment like a crown.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
custom abutment? lots of places. send the case out. custom design on your own like RKM said, use the titanium base as a basis point. scan it, tell the software it is the abutment. design overtop of it and add the hole. send the design to be manufactured at the place of your choice. pro tip: use very very little die spacer.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
We do them. We went rhough a rigorous process to assemble the Laserlok abutments. Is that what you are referring to?

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not interested in a LaserLok abutment. Nor do I want to use the titanium base that Biohorizons sells, this case is a #9 with a very shallow placement so I'm wanting a solid zirconia abutment not a hybrid.

The scanner I have is a Nobel Biocare laser scanner. It can do abutments for Nobel, Straumann, Astra, and Thommen.

I'm thinking my best bet is going to be ordering a stock zirconia abutment from Biohorizons and just firing porcelain to it to get the contour that I desire.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I believe that is pretty common interface, so I would think most milling centers doing abutments could handle it.

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Biohorizons has an identical interface with Zimmer and I believe most milling centers that do abutments will be able to mill that out.

Rick

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Internal connections and Zimmer in particular are not conducive to solid zirconia abutments, but I know there are some available. Good luck with that.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
No, I'm not interested in a LaserLok abutment. Nor do I want to use the titanium base that Biohorizons sells, this case is a #9 with a very shallow placement so I'm wanting a solid zirconia abutment not a hybrid.

The scanner I have is a Nobel Biocare laser scanner. It can do abutments for Nobel, Straumann, Astra, and Thommen.

I'm thinking my best bet is going to be ordering a stock zirconia abutment from Biohorizons and just firing porcelain to it to get the contour that I desire.

Call Biohorizons and ask specifically if you can bake porc to their ceramic abutments some of the abutments out there you not able to.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Call Biohorizons and ask specifically if you can bake porc to their ceramic abutments some of the abutments out there you not able to.

I did that this morning, they said it's fine.