best mill

B

bestlook

Reaction score
anyone with experience can advise me planing to buy a dental mill .i want to know wich is better Roland DWX50 or Vhf mini 4 axes(master mill talladium)

R

Robbie

Reaction score
Hi, it seems peope talk a lot about Roland. But we use Imes icore milling Machine, and it works well. It is German brand, maybe it is more expensive than Roland? by the way, I am from a Chinese dental lab.

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
I am really happy with my Imes Icore 240i, It is built like a tank, Rolands have way too much plastic. My designs come out of the mill with incredible precision and accuracy! Talk to REJ he will get you set up.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Welcome to DLN.
We (CAP) are a reseller of both Imes and Roland mills. Honestly, I have not seen a lot of negative press on the mini. So, I am assuming that people are not dissatisfied with it.
The two mills you are looking at are really not apples to apples. The mini is 4 axis and the Roland is 5. I believe this is a very mportant option when purchasing. It's like buying a 2 or 4 door car. Not a small part of the decision process.
The 5axis mill will be considerably more versatile. 4 axis mills will not mill hybrid abutment, screw retained crowns and bridges, bridges with any path of insertion access problems or bridges that have an angled path of insertion. In addition 4 axis milling will require (on some cases) thicker pucks. This results,in longer mill time, wasted tool life and materials.
If you dont see these senerios is an issue to you than the 4 axis is still in the game.
Honestly, we own 7 mills. 6 are 5 axis and one is four. The 4 is the oldest and I learned the hard way. Owning a mill and not being able to produce cases on it is a real drag. I really don't see CAP ever purchasing another 4 axis mill.
We run 3 Roland DWX50's for our manufacturing. The oldest now has about 2500 hours of problem free, highly accurate milling. In addition we have the Imes Icore 450i. Awesome machine, 5axis but in a different price range. If you want to talk it out feel free to give us a call at 877-977-7889. We do not use any high pressure selling tactics. We're more than happy to help you become a more knowledgable buyer.

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
Welcome to DLN.
We (CAP) are a reseller of both Imes and Roland mills. Honestly, I have not seen a lot of negative press on the mini. So, I am assuming that people are not dissatisfied with it.
The two mills you are looking at are really not apples to apples. The mini is 4 axis and the Roland is 5. I believe this is a very mportant option when purchasing. It's like buying a 2 or 4 door car. Not a small part of the decision process.
The 5axis mill will be considerably more versatile. 4 axis mills will not mill hybrid abutment, screw retained crowns and bridges, bridges with any path of insertion access problems or bridges that have an angled path of insertion. In addition 4 axis milling will require (on some cases) thicker pucks. This results,in longer mill time, wasted tool life and materials.
If you dont see these senerios is an issue to you than the 4 axis is still in the game.
Honestly, we own 7 mills. 6 are 5 axis and one is four. The 4 is the oldest and I learned the hard way. Owning a mill and not being able to produce cases on it is a real drag. I really don't see CAP ever purchasing another 4 axis mill.
We run 3 Roland DWX50's for our manufacturing. The oldest now has about 2500 hours of problem free, highly accurate milling. In addition we have the Imes Icore 450i. Awesome machine, 5axis but in a different price range. If you want to talk it out feel free to give us a call at 877-977-7889. We do not use any high pressure selling tactics. We're more than happy to help you become a more knowledgable buyer.

I use a 4 axis VHF and it will do everything the Roland will. I also do hybrid abutments no problem. On 99% of my cases it will work fine and I guarantee if you sent a STL to me and had me mill it and then milled it on your Roland you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference or which one was done on the 5axis or not.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
My VHF will be here Wednesday. I'm going to put it through it with some difficult cases. Ill let you know;)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I use a 4 axis VHF and it will do everything the Roland will. I also do hybrid abutments no problem. On 99% of my cases it will work fine

Respectfully, I really want to learn. Are you saying that the VHF will mill cases where abutment teeth don't share a common path of insertion? I didn't realize you could do screw retained bridges and abutments. What about screw retained bridges on implants when implant are at different angles (which they always are) Incidentally, I don't disagree with you that the VHF will produce equal quality work. I have never seen any product produced by the VHF mill. But, due to the popularity and lack of negative conversations about this mill on DLN I would expect it to produce good quality results.
My primary point being, the fifth axis provides increased versatility and thus, added indications. Lastly, you may be correct that 4 axis facilitated 99% of all cases. I would project that 5axis is necessary on slightly more than 1%. But, why not have the ability to mill 100%?

A

aydocan

Reaction score
Formula: Car * Driver=Speed ( Or Success ) Example: i have Roland DWX 50 and i can do just zirconium copping:)))) i'm beginner and have new Roland. Also i had confused when i decided to buy a system. i think most of products has perfect performance but users are not the same. i think users skills are more important than machine nowadays. So my Roland is 5 axis but me 1 axis:)) Now i'm searching a program to reach 5 axis user skill:)))

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Aydocan,
Where are you from and who sold you the mill. I would suggest starting by contacting your distributor and asking for help in milling additional materials and obtaining more knowledge. We have some Roland videos on line at
CAP ACADEMY

A

aydocan

Reaction score
Aydocan,
Where are you from and who sold you the mill. I would suggest starting by contacting your distributor and asking for help in milling additional materials and obtaining more knowledge. We have some Roland videos on line at
CAP ACADEMY
Dear Bob,
i live Ankara Turkey. i guess most of cad-cam users in Turkey just doing zirconia copping with their cad-cam system. i'm using exocad ( dentcreate ) and i need a center to learn system. i have a plan to ask support if i can find a cad-cam center who is expert with exocad and Roland DWX 50

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
I agree with what Bob says here. The Roland is a better mill, but i have the VHF (Jensen) mill. For the price, its hard not to look at that package. If you have a 3Shape, you are halfway there, but if not, youre looking at ~ $70k for a system, where you can get the Jensen for $30k. Big difference there. Its all in what you do. The Roland will give you more materials, as well as more tools, if you need that. Bob just did a PMMA temp for me that was awesome, and that is something I dont have access to.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I have the dual colored PMMA temp material that I will be milling on my wieland(VHF) mini mill;)

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I have the dual colored PMMA temp material that I will be milling on my wieland(VHF) mini mill;)

Made my own tri coloured blanks 20mm/20mm a few years ago, let the guys at GC have a look at them and they were VERY interested in how they had been made Lol (was made from GC temp material). Looks like the big boys have started making these disks now. Got a guy who says he has got these tri disks to play with now. Bringing some over before Christmas. Will post some pics as soon as it comes.

B

Broadway your way

Reaction score
anyone with experience can advise me planing to buy a dental mill .i want to know wich is better Roland DWX50 or Vhf mini 4 axes(master mill talladium)
With our 240i running 24/7 (except holiday's) for over one year now... it has proven it's self! there defiantly options to mill 3+1 meaning you do not waist time and material. Simply press optimize! Wahlah done. your 20mm bridge is now in a 16mm disk! Also possible to position a tilted bridge in a disk. all with the 240i.
If you feel the need for undercut milling you may want a lollipop tool or move to a 450i (like mentioned) for 5 axis simultaneous milling when or if you'd like to mill bars.
Also the accuracy of scan can determine the type of mill.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Weiland pmma

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

TracyLaura

Reaction score
Anyone who is using the Talladium Master Mill are you having any inside oil leaking issues?

Top Bottom