Best Digital Denture Material?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
What do you think is the best digital denture material out now?

Milled or Printed?

Hope y'all are having a nice day!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Reaction score
What do you think is the best digital denture material out now?

Milled or Printed?

Hope y'all are having a nice day!
ive seen decent ones with both methods...but really its the "after" treatment that makes them decent. straight out of the mill or off the print platform they are meh IMHO. taking the time to color them and spruce them up makes them much more visually appealing. as far as the best material.... what are you looking for exactly? best visually? best quality? best repair-ability?

BlakeHarting

BlakeHarting

Reaction score
ive seen decent ones with both methods...but really its the "after" treatment that makes them decent. straight out of the mill or off the print platform they are meh IMHO. taking the time to color them and spruce them up makes them much more visually appealing. as far as the best material.... what are you looking for exactly? best visually? best quality? best repair-ability?
Really just best overall. I've heard that the after treatment is where the aesthetics truly comes in.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Reaction score
Really just best overall. I've heard that the after treatment is where the aesthetics truly comes in.
i lean more toward some of the milled stuff, but that may just be my personal preference at a distance. i havent personally milled any, but we have printed some and have the capability.....i just dont like it enough to put my name on it. its not as good as we do by hand yet

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I’m not at all sold on the printed bases long term and we’ve done plenty. Milled are stronger, IMHO. Print the teeth if you’d like- haven’t noticed much difference there. Printed are great for try-ins, though. Esthetics at the most basic level lean toward milled as well.