Argen abutment for Biomet implant

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Just got a case in where doc wants a stock abutment for a Biomet Certain implant. Never used one of Argen's designs for this specific implant. Do Argen's abutments have the little prongs on the tip like Biomet's stock abutments that have the "click" feature when seating? Feedback please. Thanks.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Just got a case in where doc wants a stock abutment for a Biomet Certain implant. Never used one of Argen's designs for this specific implant. Do Argen's abutments have the little prongs on the tip like Biomet's stock abutments that have the "click" feature when seating? Feedback please. Thanks.
I was told a few months ago by the 3i rep, that they are the only ones that have the abutments with the certain lock.

Fogember

Reaction score
No Argen's don't. We have used several different milling centers and none have had the "fingers". Only Biomet.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Like most unique aspects to patents the majority of these little differences can not be milled by 3rd parties for violation.

To me the click BS is a security blanket to inexperienced clients but I am all for using brand specific components today.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
alot of our accounts have come to rely on them as a security blanket. BS or not, a non-erratic account is better than saving $50 on a 3rd party part. Like Mark we've been all for OEM of late, unless there isn't an OEM part available, like non engaging parts

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
alot of our accounts have come to rely on them as a security blanket. BS or not, a non-erratic account is better than saving $50 on a 3rd party part. Like Mark we've been all for OEM of late, unless there isn't an OEM part available, like non engaging parts

I needed parts for 2 Biomet implants this week and both of them were on backorder and they couldn't tell me when they would have them. I needed an impression post for 1 case and a stock abutment for another...they didn't even have the stock abutment. Kind of like McDonalds running out of cheeseburgers. Hmmmm2

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Did anyone else receive the stack of papers from Biomet 3i regarding the "Urgent : Device Recall Notice"? It lists just about everything they produce. WTF?

B

billydte

Reaction score
I recieved the "Urgent : Device Recall Notice". I also tried to order 6 temporary titanium cylinders and they were on back order also. I have been to 3i facility and toured the manufacturing area and can't understand how a company of that size, with the machinery they have, can run out of parts....

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I recieved the "Urgent : Device Recall Notice". I also tried to order 6 temporary titanium cylinders and they were on back order also. I have been to 3i facility and toured the manufacturing area and can't understand how a company of that size, with the machinery they have, can run out of parts....

I think all of this is the result of Zimmer's acquisition of Biomet. Everything is in transition with people being laid off and the merging of product lines...in other words, the captain of the ship isn't at his post and he doesn't know who the first mate is. Zimmer is shutting down their California operations and moving everything to the Biomet facility. Now there will probably be 1 sales rep selling both lines instead of 2 reps.
I really don't think dental is such a big part of Zimmer's overall revenue stream. Most of their bucks come from the medical side. Maybe this is why service seems to be lagging.

All of the big players in the dental implant business are trying to snuff out the competition through buyouts. DENTSPLY buying Sirona is a good example. Now they can cut out Patterson thus increasing their profit margins. I just had a letter from Straumann saying that they were discontinuing their relationship with Patterson and Sirona because of their relationship with DENTSPLY who is considered a competitor.

The only constant in this business any more is "change".

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
from what i see, there will still be a zimmer and a biomet sales rep.

I noticed alot of the voluntary recalls were related to items that were manufactured in the same facilities. This is probably just cleaning up house. On the flipside, what did you need the stock abutment for? (just curious)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
" I just had a letter from Straumann saying that they were discontinuing their relationship with Patterson and Sirona because of their relationship with DENTSPLY who is considered a competitor."

Sometimes it feels like we are the residents of Tokoyo while Godzilla and Mothra do battle.

images

G

gallagerdental

Reaction score
I like 3i's recall- took them "5yrs. " now I have 5 days to respond ? Did I miss something ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Top Bottom